believing, God's promises, YouTube

How to Stand on God’s Promises

October 27, 2015

Promises blog pic

“For these He has granted to us His precious and magnificent promises . . .” 2 Peter 1:4

The word of God is filled with rich promises, and as I’ve meditated on that truth, I wonder if I am daily filled with awe and expectation regarding them. I should be. I want to be. They’ve been granted by our gracious God, and in Christ, they are ours. But it’s not always easy to stand on them. I can see a promise, understand its magnificence, and even believe that God is able to fulfill it . . . and yet wonder if He will fulfill it in my life. Ever been there?

I do not want to get to heaven and hear of all the promises I could have stood on. I want to shake the doubt and fear of disappointment and, by God’s grace, stand on what He has richly promised. How about you? I pray this video helps you to stand.

• Reply M. Simone Boyd October 29, 2015 at 3:56 pm

Hey Kim! A couple things…

First,”Banish the fear of disappointment and stand.” This is SO good. It made me think about the times that I’ve been disappointed, but what you said just stuck with me today: people disappoint us, God doesn’t. ever. disappoint.

Second, I feel like I haven’t been hearing the Lord that much the past couple of weeks. But, the Lord reminded me that I have not been as diligent in “meditating day and night.” I’ve been falling into the ‘a verse a day to keep the devil away category.’

All that to say, thank you my Sister. Blessings…Simone

• Reply Kim Cash Tate November 3, 2015 at 8:22 pm

Hey Simone! YES, and even when it seems that God has disappointed us, we *still* have to remember that God doesn’t. ever. disappoint. He is working things together for our good. And what a loving reminder from the Lord to meditate day and night, which will absolutely bless you as you draw near to Him in doing so. So thankful when you stop by. :) Blessings to you, dear sister!

• Reply Danielle October 29, 2015 at 10:04 pm

I’m convicted, renewed, and confident. My heart is full after this one, Kim.

• Reply Kim Cash Tate November 3, 2015 at 8:24 pm

Wow, Danielle…..praise God that He used the video in that way. I love that you also feel “confident”….yes. Stand confidently on God’s promises, my sister…..and may you be ever renewed.

• Reply Prosper September 29, 2018 at 11:45 pm

OMG! I had a conviction that GOD wanted me to invest in a business idea, I put all I had into it and it plummeted and I felt like dying. But studying GOD’s word, I came across the video and want to thank GOD and the vessel.

• Reply Leann January 16, 2019 at 9:41 pm

This was an awesome word. I stumbled across your website while doing online research about this topic. Nothing happens by accident; I believe it was intended for me to find your blog. Blessings to you!