Blog, Featured

It’s No Coincidence . . .

November 26, 2014

Thanksgiving pictureIt’s no coincidence that Thanksgiving fell on this week.

The week the grand jury here in St. Louis decided not to indict officer Darren Wilson for the death of Michael Brown.

The week businesses and cop cars burned in Ferguson.

The week protests spread from coast to coast and beyond, in the aftermath of the decision.

The week social media erupted with vitriol and spotlighted indifference—within the body of Christ.

It’s no coincidence because God is sovereign, in all things. He gave us a day to pause. To lift our gaze above suspicion and accusation. To settle—maybe even check—our hearts. To remember that we are not all-wise or all-knowing, and would do well to humble ourselves . . . and our opinions. To reflect, seek, pray.

There’s no end to the list of reasons to give thanks. And yet, there’s one that says it all . . .

Jesus.

May He fill our gazes, saturate our hearts, uplift our thoughts, and renew our spirits.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

What’s the blog family doing today??

• Reply Joy November 27, 2014 at 6:38 am

These words are beautiful Kim. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours! And thank you for using your words for Christ!

• Reply Kim Cash Tate November 27, 2014 at 8:19 am

Thank you so much, Joy…so appreciate your encouragement! Have a wonderfully blessed Thanksgiving!!

• Reply Deborah (Debbie) November 27, 2014 at 7:15 am

Good Morning, Sister!

What a beautiful post! And yes, it is no coincidence — unless you consider it a
    God coincidence, which is not a coincidence as we think of it, but rather carefully, specifically planned, down to the last detail, and very, very intentional directing of 2 (or more) incidences happening at the same time.

It is good, very good to remember that our God is sovereign over everything and He is at work even in all this to fulfill His plans and purposes. I am so grateful that He is!

And this…

“We’ve been given a special day to give thanks. For hope and peace in the midst of a troubled world. For certainty in a sea of chaos. For the gift of power, love, and a sound mind instead of fear. For eyes that see beyond, ears that hear within, and love that holds us close. For the promise that God is faithful, and righteous, and true, and just, and always . . . always . . . sovereign.

Jesus.

“I will give thanks to You, O Lord my God, with all my heart, And will glorify Your name forever.” Psalm 86:12”

Happy Thanksgiving to you and all my blog Sisters (we celebrate Thanksgiving in October up here, but I’m thinking of you all as you celebrate down there and I give thanks with you!) And I pray that the God of peace — of Shalom — would fill your day with all that that word means and that you would carry it into the Christmas season filled up and complete in you.

Love you!!!

• Reply Tamara D. Davis November 27, 2014 at 8:03 am

Debbie, now I know you’re from Canada. LOL I didn’t know that before. We had a Turkey trivia game and one of the questions was when do they celebrate Thanksgiving in Canada.

• Reply Kim Cash Tate November 27, 2014 at 8:26 am

Good Morning, Sister! Love your definition of a “God coincidence”…especially words like, “carefully,” “specifically,” “very, very intentional”…;-) Only He can direct two or more incidences at the same time (don’t you LOVE that He can?!), and for that we give Him PRAISE!

Thank you for the Thanksgiving wishes and the beautiful prayer for those of us here in the States. :-) Can you believe Christmas is less than a month away?! Love you, dear Sis!

• Reply Katrina Foreman November 27, 2014 at 7:49 am

Greetings Sisters and Happy Thanksgiving to All!

Yes, may this day be a day of reflection of how far God has brought us. A day to pause and thank our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ for His shed blood. A day to just “Be still and Know that I (He) is God” and beside Him there in no other.

Enjoy your families because we truly do not know when it would be the last time. Each moment is a gift!

Happy Thanksgiving and may God continue to bless and keep all of us!

• Reply Kim Cash Tate November 27, 2014 at 8:31 am

Hey Katrina! I love this…”…may this be a day of reflection of how far God has brought us.” I love to reflect on that, because we often focus on how far we have to go (personally, with respect to our family, the nation…). Yet, when we look back, we can behold the great things God has done. And amen, so thankful for the shed blood of Jesus! I’m also nodding my head at your encouragement to enjoy our families today. We truly can’t take these times for granted. Wishing you a specially blessed Thanksgiving as you enjoy your loved ones!

• Reply Tamara D. Davis November 27, 2014 at 8:01 am

Good morning. During this week, we always move our bible study to Tuesday night. We did something different this year: it was a service of praise and Thanksgiving. Our Pastor talked about the 10 lepers in the book of Luke and how only one of them came back to say “thank you”. We spent extended time praising God and being reminded of why we HAVE to give thanks! I stood there apologizing to the Lord because I realized how much I’ve forgotten to say thank you.

It was declared at the beginning of the year that this was the year of great deliverance. I am extremely thankful for being free. See, the freedom that I’m experiencing is freedom that people can’t see because it was hidden in my inner man. I am thankful for a God who knew how deeply I needed to be healed and how many memories I needed to let go of. I am thankful for freedom, Shalom peace and a heart that’s been created clean!

This Thanksgiving, I am celebrating answered prayers and fulfilled desires, no matter how small or large in nature. I’m celebrating God’s love for me and His peace that WILL blanket the city of Ferguson because the prayers of the righteous avails much. I praise God for this blog and how much the Lord has let me pour out here. Hallelujah! I’ve been fasting all month and as I’ve been reading through the gospels, I am indeed thankful for everything that was nailed to the cross with Jesus.

• Reply Kim Cash Tate November 27, 2014 at 8:41 am

Good Morning Tamara! Love that you had a service of praise and Thanksgiving this week. It is truly good to set aside a time to simply give thanks and praise! I’m thankful for freedom as well! That’s been on my heart lately, just FREEDOM in Christ. We don’t have to be in bondage to anything, not to the past, not to sin, not to ANYTHING, because of Jesus. That’s enough for a special time of praise right there! :-) Rejoicing with you for what the Lord has been doing in your heart and soul this year, and for “answered prayers and fulfilled desires”…what a blessing! Thanking God as well for how He has moved you to pour out here on the blog throughout the years. His grace is amazing! Thanksgiving blessings and much love to you today as you celebrate Him!

• Reply Cynthia Tyson November 27, 2014 at 9:20 am

Again you speak truth and light! No coincidence in Divine providence. Sending ((hugs)) and Thanksgiving blessings you you and the family!

• Reply Kim Cash Tate November 27, 2014 at 12:49 pm

Hey Cynthia! So good to see you here. :) Divine providence indeed! Hugs to you too and wishing you a wonderfully blessed Thanksgiving!!

• Reply Kristian November 27, 2014 at 3:16 pm

Happy Thanksgiving Kim and Blog Sisters!!!

Oh how I miss you all!!!! Kim, so glad that you wrote a blog on the craziness going on in St. Louis right now. Me, I’m so not politically correct and I try to stay clear away from all news stations though I couldn’t stay away from this story. At the table this morning, well around noonish, my family and I were all eating breakfast/parts of thanksgiving dinner, while sharing gifts with my brother. His bday is today and he turned 25! He “didn’t want” birthday gifts but yet he still asked, what did yall get me, lol. Anywho- my dad was explaining all the caiuos to me going on in St. Louis, the different stories, different opinions and different view points. As I began to voice my opinion, they got mad, they voiced theirs, and suddenly I realized, “Wait a minute, my opinion is gonna be differ from my families, because I am different, I am set apart. I’m a royal priesthood, different from the rest.” So today, I’m thankful, that no matter how it feels or how it seems, I am thankful to be different, thankful to be set apart, thankful to be a part of a royal priesthood. And I am thankful for a blog family like you all. I love you all in your own special ways, you all make me smile!!!!! I love you too Kim! Happy Thanksgiving!

• Reply Danielle November 27, 2014 at 5:39 pm

Hey Kristian! I am so laughing at this right now: “Me, I’m so not politically correct….”. You and me both girl! :) I love it…..

You are an awesome part of that royal priesthood – so glad to be part of that priesthood with you!

• Reply Kim Cash Tate November 29, 2014 at 10:46 am

Hey Kristian! Oh yes, I know those moments….when you’re in a circle of family members or friends and you realize (or already know) that you will not see things as they do. I love it when everyone can respectfully voice different opinions and be honest about the things they’re not sure of (rather than insist, “No, I’m right!”). :) “I am thankful to be different, thankful to be set apart, thankful to be part of a royal priesthood”…Amen! Thankful for you too, Kristian, and your zeal for our Lord! Love you too!

• Reply Danielle November 27, 2014 at 5:45 pm

Kim, I am echoing the sentiments of so many others when I say that was a beautiful post. I am SO thankful God is sovereign over all, and am truly, truly so thankful this Thanksgiving.

This morning, I had to take my precious little Jaden to the ER – he was transported to a nearby pediatric hospital and we are spending this Thanksgiving in the PICU – BUT……I am so thankful for God’s providence in watching over His sweet child. He used what happened with Adanya to save Jaden’s life this morning. Jaden needed emergency surgery for a twisted intestine, and ended up having his appendix and half of his large intestine removed. God is so good – He spared my son’s life and the surgeon says his prognosis is for a normal, healthy life with no restrictions or long-term problems. In fact, he is improving so much that they may even be able to take his little breathing tube out tonight instead of tomorrow.

I am so thankful, and praising Him exceedingly this Thanksgiving.

• Reply Deborah (Debbie) November 27, 2014 at 10:48 pm

Oh Danielle, so very, very, very happy over this! I am praying that Jaden recovers quickly with minimal discomfort or pain. Thank you Jesus!!!!!
      Hugs, sister!

• Reply Kim Cash Tate November 29, 2014 at 11:01 am

Danielle, I was away from the computer Thanksgiving night and most of yesterday, so I’m totally rejoicing at this (and your email, which I’m about to answer as well! :)) Wow! YES, praising God for His providence! Oh, Danielle…I’m thinking of your heartbreaking loss with Adanya…and who would have thought that in the same year, the Lord would use those circumstances to save Jaden’s life. I’m just amazed by this. I’m rejoicing as well that Jaden is improving quickly, and like Debbie, praying for a full and speedy recovery! To God be the Glory!!!! And thank You, Lord, for blessing Danielle in on Thanksgiving in this special way…

• Reply Abigaelle November 29, 2014 at 10:49 am

What a beautiful post Kim.Happy American Thanksgiving. I am grateful for you for being a writer after God’s heart

• Reply Kim Cash Tate November 29, 2014 at 11:04 am

Hi Abigaelle! So blessed that you stopped by! So interesting that both you and Debbie on the blog celebrated a Canadian Thanksgiving. :) Thank you so very much for your encouraging words. That means a lot. <3