Praying for Danielle

Susan Keller Photography

If you’ve spent any time at my blog in the past couple of years, you’ve probably run into Danielle.  She’s the blog sister who’s given us a window into her home life and marriage—the pain and difficulties, as well as the amazing glimpses of God’s grace.  What’s always struck me about Danielle is her relentless faith and strength in the Lord.  It’s evident when she describes a hard day, yet tells us that she encouraged herself with her “battle verses”.  It’s evident in the way she’s faithfully encouraged so many of us, even while she’s “going through” herself.

There’s something else that has struck me about Danielle—her love for her little ones . . . her three-year-old daughter and her son, born last year.  No matter what else is happening in her life, she has found joy in cuddling them, reading to them, loving them.  And I’ve found joy in the pictures she’s sent to me of those little ones.  In fact, two weeks ago, Danielle emailed a video of the kids playing happily outdoors.

But this week, I was shocked to receive the news that her three-year-old girl, little Adanya, had passed away suddenly.  Oh, how my heart breaks for Danielle.  I went back and viewed the pictures and video she sent.  I perused some of Danielle’s blog comments, remembering ones that touched my heart—like this one posted on November 25, 2013:

“Oh, and a side note to make you smile…Adanya was watching the video with me, and she waved and said, ‘Hi, Ms. Kim, hi!’ Then she turns to me and says, ‘Mom, why isn’t she saying hi back?’ :)”

As I prayed for our sister, I was moved to link arms with the rest of you, so we can encircle Danielle as one with our love and prayers.

Danielle, please know that we love you, and we are lifting you and your family up to the Father.  I know Isaiah 43 is one of your go-to passages, and I pray you cling to this precious truth:

“Do not fear, for I have redeemed you;

I have called you by name; you are Mine!

When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;

And through the rivers, they will not overflow you.

When you walk through the fire, you will not be scorched,

Nor will the flame burn you.

For I am the LORD your God,

The Holy One of Israel, your Savior.”

*photo by Susan Keller Photography

26 Responses to “Praying for Danielle”

1. Tamara Davis says:

Thank you, thank you, thank you for posting this. I wanted to ask you to do this so we can all pray for her and her family but didn’t know how. I thank God for the Holy Spirit! I will continue to lift her family in prayer alongside the other blog sisters!

I thank God for the Holy Spirit as well. I kept thinking that I wanted the blog sisters to know, and the obvious answer (that I somehow didn’t see at first) was, Do a blog post! I went back and found Danielle’s first blog comment, and of course you were right there responding to her situation. I thank God for how He’s moved in this blog community, and how He’s given us hearts to pray for and encourage one another.

2. Phyllis Abernathy says:

Thank you for sharing. I was so moved my this. And I will be praying for Danielle and her family.

3. Pamela McK says:

So sorry for the loss of the family’s sweet baby girl. Praying for sister Danielle, and her family. I am reading through the Psalms, and stumbled upon this scripture…and it has really been a comfort to me: Psalm 68:19. Hope the Family will find comfort in it as well. Love you, sis. Danielle.

4. Lakia Barr says:

I am so sorry to hear about her loss. My heart breaks for her because I understand what she’s going through. My two year old son drowned five months ago and the pain is unbearable. My first son passed away two hours after he was born. So, I know all too well how hard it is to live each day and find inspiration when things like this happen. One thing I know for sure, even as my recent loss is still fresh, God will never leave you comfortless. My prayers, thoughts and tears are with this sister.

• Kristian says:

Hi Lakia! I’m Kristian….Oh my dear sister, you certainly do know and have experienced quite some loss. I’m very sorry to hear that. But I am proud of you for standing strong. Keep holding on to God’s unchanging hand, I’m so happy he is continuing to comfort you…..Love you sis! Kristian

Lakia, somehow I missed this. What a terrible tragedy! I am so sorry for the loss of your son. I can only imagine how unbearable the pain is. And to have endured the death of your first son as well… Oh, Lakia… “One thing I know for sure, even as my recent loss is still fresh, God will never leave you comfortless”…what an amazing testimony. I praise God for the grace, strength, and comfort He’s given you. I’m praying for you as well, sis.

• Deborah (Debbie) says:

Lakia, I am so sorry to read of your losses. I cannot even begin to imagine this. But what an encouragement your testimony to God and His faithfulness and comfort is. I pray that you would sense in greater and greater measure the tender touch of His love and comfort and you would be blessed in ways you never imagined. Bless you. Debbie

• Shahmet says:

Lakia,

I am praying for you and your family. {{{hugs}}}

5. Brenda says:

My heart and prayers go out to Danielle and her family. I can only imagine how she feels but God knows. My prayer is that the Great Comforter comforts and strengthens she and her family.

6. Deon A says:

So sorry to hear about the loss experienced by Danielle and her family. I can’t even find the words but I pray that the Great Comforter will wrap his loving arms around this family, that they will experience a peace that only He can give. I pray that they find strength and comfort in knowing that we are weeping with them as they weep. My Heart aches even now. Love and prayers for you my dear Danielle<3 <3

7. Kristian says:

Kim!!!!!!! Thank you so much for doing this, I was sooo gooonnaa email you to ask you to post a blog for this tragedy……Thank God for the holy spirit prompting you to do this….

Danielle, dear sister, “I’m so sorry” is all I could get the strength to say to you. Know that you are in my thoughts, and my prayers. I pray right now for you and Bavin as parents of Nya, and I plead the blood of Jesus over you guys from the top of your head to the bottom of your feet. I ask Lord that you would give Dani, Bavin, and Jayden peace in the middle of turmoil. I speak all that the enemy has stolen will return to you 100 fold. The enemy is a liar, He does not win, Danielle. Don’t give up, don’t give in, I know you might be mad at God or questioning God or confused right now, but trust me God is still there. He is in the midst of your very trial, very pain, very circumstance. He is with you! Cling to him in this season, he is the ONLY one to make you smile again. I am confident that he will work in you to will and to do for his good pleasure! He promises you peace, dear sister, walk in it. I love you, and you have my phone number, I’m pretty sure I sent it, in your email. Sorry I haven’t posted sooner.

8. Deborah (Debbie) says:

Kim. Thank you for posting this. You know I’ve been praying for Danielle. I am at a loss for words and my heart is heavy. I’m praying that our Sister and her family sense God’s presence in ways that are tangible and that bring an inexplicable comfort at this time. May God work through our prayers on her and her families behalf in ways that we cannot even begin to imagine. We love you Danielle.

9. Tamara Davis says:

Hi again Blog Family!

I heard from Danielle last night. She asked me to pass it along that she has no energy or will to respond to the blog right now.

Family, continue to keep her and her family in your prayers.

10. Danielle says:

Dear, dear sisters,

“Thank you” does not come close to expressing what is in my heart. I feel the prayers and love for me and my family. I don’t even know what to say, because words cannot truly articulate what is in my heart, but I wanted to reach out. I have been reading the comments, and every time I try to post a wave of sadness washes over me and I find myself unable to. I count it the greatest miracle and blessing of my life that I was the one holding my precious baby as she went to Jesus – she told me a month or so ago that she wanted to “go to heaven and see Jesus,” and God saw fit to grant her wish. Oh, I miss my Cuddle Bug more than I can say; my heart is constantly crushed with a heavy weight, but I will say – I would rather suffer the agony of being without Adanya here right now than selfishly have her here to hold knowing that she is suffering. She is free from “tummy troubles” now, and can sing, dance, and praise God all day long without worrying about pain or sadness. She was my most precious gift for 1,1313 days, and I believe God told her “Well done, good and faithful servant” and called her home to Him. I know she was always the greatest gift God had given me, and while I do not understand why He only allotted 1,1313 days to her, I know He has reasons. I thank Him for sending this beautiful, joyful light into the world for 3 short years to change SO MANY lives, and I just cannot wait to hold her again. I would give anything for 5 more minutes, one more “I love you”, one more kiss……but her final days were happy, joyful ones where we were united as a family and so complete. Bavin prayed “Oh God, my heart is open….” as we said goodbye to Adanya, so I KNOW God is still at work even during my darkest, most agonizing hours.

I love you all.

• Tamara Davis says:

It’s so good to see you here Danielle. :) He is truly The Comforter and will continue to comfort you all.

• Deborah (Debbie) says:

Oh, Danielle, how heavy my heart is for you but I am so grateful that you are hearing his voice and pointing us all to walk in faith as you demonstrate your reliance on and trust in our God. May His grace and love envelope you. May you KNOW His presence and comfort in ever increasing measure. I pray that you will know a comfort that surpasses any kind of understanding. And may Bavin KNOW the God that loves him so much. How I wish that this were not the path you had to walk right now. But I am so grateful that you are walking it in arms of our Savior and that even in the questions and confusion and pain you are trusting Him. Bless you dear one. Lifting you and your sweet family before the Throne. I love you.

Danielle, I’m so thankful that we were able to talk by phone. To hear your heart, your strength, your faith, and yes, your grief, yet also your amazing trust in the Lord…His hand is so mightily upon you. I’m praying for the Lord’s continued comfort and healing, and for His continued work in Bavin’s heart. We have prayed for your family, and this just takes our prayers to another level. Love you, my sweet sister.

• Shahmet says:

Danielle,

{{{hugs}}} I am sorry for your loss. I am praying for you and your family.

11. Pam C. says:

Prayers to you and your family Danielle. May pleasant memories comfort you. God brought me to this page tonight, and I thank him for that. (hugs to you)

Blog sisters..I was blessed by your encouraging words to Danielle.

12. you’re in point of fact a excellent webmaster. The site loading velocity is amazing.
    It kind of feels that you’re doing any unique trick.
    Moreover, The contents are masterwork. you’ve performed a wonderful process on this matter!

13. I will definitely pray for her!