Walking Worthy (Ephesians – Week 8)

I’m really excited to hit the practical part of this study.  Not that the first three chapters of Ephesians aren’t at all practical—surely, knowing that I have “confident access” to God in Christ motivates me to run to the throne of grace.  And that’s practical!  But the first half of Ephesians is heavy on doctrine and understanding our faith . . . while the second half tells us how to walk that out.

Now it gets practical practical, as Paul gives us specifics about how to live.  How to think.  How to treat people.  And how to grow.  I love his emphasis on the body of Christ.  We are members of one another.  God created this body such that we need one another.  And in a very real way, we see that right here on the blog.  Week after week, I see you all “walking worthy” as you build up one another.  It’s truly beautiful to behold.

You can find the video here.  I’m looking forward to hearing your insights!

42 Responses to “Walking Worthy (Ephesians – Week 8)”

1. Deborah (Debbie) says:

Hello Kim and dear blog sisters!

Wow. Sooo much needful stuff here.

To HIM be the glory. He is the One that has called us and He is the One that enables. He is the One that gives me the grace to walk worthy and to submit — but I do need to submit and by His grace I will (I am remembering He has given me everything I need to live a life of godliness 2 Peter 1:3…and that it is HIS power at work in me to see done more than I can ask or imagine — and I have a sneaky suspicion that that includes walking worthy…who has not found themselves in a situation in which choosing one of those attitudes seems impossible and perhaps even ridiculous? Moi!) (Seems I am using a circular argument again but in God’s wisdom and way, in this kind of argument, this is very logical :) )

And this here chapter teaches me and reminds me that when it comes to gifts of the Spirit…

They are HIS gifts.
    HE gives them.
    …for HIS purposes (there is the whole thing about His Body and One another….)
    and…
    HE determines how to distribute them and use them.

I don’t need to worry about doing “great things” for God…my heart’s desire needs to be about surrendering to His plans and purposes and using what He gives as He determines. (Here’s something I’m pretty sure of though…while the gift(s) God gives me are not about me…I think He just might delight in giving me joy as I submit to His plans and purposes and use them according to those plans and purposes…even when its sometimes in hard situations!)

So grateful that He has made us One in Him!
    Bless you, Kim and blog sisters!

Hello Debbie!! I was saying YES right at the top of your comment–>”He is the One that has called us and He is the One that enables. He is the One that gives me the grace to walk worthy and to submit…” AMEN! That’s such an important point, one that gives me great comfort. In fact, it amazes me that God would not only tell us how to walk, but would supply the grace (and whatever see we need) to walk worthy. What does He NOT supply?? That 2 Peter 1:3 verse is over-the-top riches and goodness! (*raising hand* as one who has found one of those attitudes impossible and even ridiculous in situations… And by the way, yes, I find you very logical :))

I also love how you broke down the gifts as revolving around HIM. Again, such a comfort to remember this! Just as we talked about in last week’s thread, we don’t have to be stressed or frustrated about our gifts (last week, it was our “dreams”) because it’s by, for, and about HIM. He even determines the ministry associated with the gift and the outcome. “…the gifts are not about me in the spotlight…” I can’t even say enough “AMEN’s”…what if our gift is for a close circle of influence that God has given us…those in our own home, extended family, neighbors, the clerks at the grocery store, etc. Is that not enough? I pray so. I pray that we each walk mightily in the gifts that God has given us and steward them well…and that we’re content with whatever the Lord chooses to do with HIS gift in us. Yep, I could’ve done an entire video on this one subject. But I’m thankful for my sister, Debbie, for illuminating what needed to be illuminated. :D

I love your themes of submitting and surrendering. I’m adding this to the prayer above (using your words), that each of us here surrenders to the plans and purposes God has for us, and that we use what He gives as He determines. Wouldn’t that be awesome?!? I totally agree that JOY comes in surrender and obedience. When we are using what He gave us, under the power of His Spirit, we KNOW it’s Him. That’s an awesome feeling.

Rejoicing with you in being One in Him, my sister! Thank you, as always, for your wise nuggets!

• Deborah (Debbie) says:

“…what if our gift is for a close circle of influence that God has given us…those in our own home, extended family, neighbors, the clerks at the grocery store, etc. Is that not enough?” Oh, Kim, YES!!! This is so dear to my heart, especially in an age where we see so many who are in the spotlight (please don’t hear me belittling what they are doing — I don’t mean to say that they should not be in the spotlight, or that I am questioning their being there — that’s between them and God. Some should be, some that aren’t should be, some that are should not…) It is so very easy to become confused, jealous, discouraged, covetous, overwhelmed, instead of looking to God and seeing what is before us. I need to be content with whatever situation God has me in and how He wants to work in and through me. I need to be about the life God has me living (and “ha” I so get the grocery clerk thing…Nordstrom is my mission field (and we don’t even have one -yet – in Calgary but its coming in Sept….. :) ) Its amazing the doors to celebrate Him and share Him with others and to ministry He opens as we go along the way. Jesus did a lot of that — ministering as “he went along the way” . We’re in good company when we do too.

“… especially in an age where we see so many who are in the spotlight…”…or clamoring to be in the spotlight… In this social media age, it’s sad that the self worth of so many (and I’m talking about Christians) is tied to how many followers they have. I saw a Christian artist tweet the other day that his twitter account had the fewest followers (he was bemoaning the fact) and he’s got over 100,000 followers. Are we measuring the “gift” by the social media response? Because umm…a ton of followers doesn’t mean there’s a great spiritual gift. “It is so very easy to become confused, jealous, discouraged, covetous, overwhelmed…” I’ve been there. As an author, I’ve had to check myself when I’ve gotten down about sales of my books. (I’ve never made the bestseller lists…most authors don’t obviously, but I daresay most of us would love to…). But when I remember that God is sovereign and could certainly bring those kinds of sales if it’s His will, I’m at that place of rest and peace we talked about. In fact, the Spirit brought a realization at one point that if I did have big sales, I’d be expected to crank out more and more books (and I’d be wanting to crank out more and more books), and my first ministry of home would certainly be neglected. But I’ve seen authors go through very real discouragement/depression because their books aren’t getting the sales they wanted. No matter what God calls us to, we HAVE to remember that its HIS, HIS, HIS, and “surrender/submit” (repeating your words) to His will. Then we can ENJOY the journey.

Hehe…a Nordstrom opened a mile from me a few years ago. I thought I’d be there all the time, but I hardly every go! lol But maybe I *should* begin to think of it as a mission field. Hmm…

Ministering “along the way”…yes and amen…

And by the way, sometimes it’s the grocery store clerk who “ministers along the way.” Schnucks is my local grocery store, and I’m in there ALL the time, it seems. I love the people there. For years, I’ve had convos with the woman behind the deli counter, the one behind the fresh fish counter, the one who works the fresh flower area (and gave me tips on Christmas decor), and I have several people I look for as checkout clerks. Well, last week, I was checking out in a lane with a young woman I didn’t know (I think she was new.). She rang up my goods, I reached for my debit card….and discovered I’d left my wallet at home! I asked if I could give my credit card number (you know, like we do online ;-)) She said no. I asked if she could ask the manager, since, she was new and you never know…:) The manager came over…a woman I’ve talked to in the store before. She confirmed that no, I couldn’t do the credit card number thing… Then seconds later, I saw her swiping her personal credit card to pay for my groceries. I was shocked! I told her she didn’t have to do that, that I could go home and come back… She refused, said she was paying. I said I would return with her money right away. She said no, I didn’t have to do that, and that she was going on vacation anyway and wouldn’t be there. Thanked her a million times and left the store saying, “Thank You, Lord!” I KNEW it was Him. And there was something about her that made me think that SHE knew it was Him too…that she had done that because she was moved to do it. When I returned within the hour to pay her back, she gave me a look and said, “I told you, you didn’t have to do that.” I don’t think she was being kind. I think she meant it. I think she was simply ministering along the way.

• Deborah (Debbie) says:

Oh, I LOVE this story!

• MrsTrip98 says:

What an amazing story! The mere fact that she didn’t know you, but it seems that she “knew” you. That is exactly how the body of Christ should operate. The dependence, trust, and comfort of being in Christ with others knowing that an impersonal acquaintance is willing to do a kind, and very personal deed. Nobody but God…

“…knowing that an impersonal acquaintance is willing to do a kind, and very personal deed.” I love that about the body of Christ. Nobody but God indeed! The way He works that in our hearts is amazing.

• MrsTrip98 says:

So true, Debbie!

Sometimes we underestimate our “circles of influence.” Kim illustrate it well when she mentioned people longing for “followers” in the social media. Even if I have one follower, and there is one thing that God lays on my heart to help the person stay or become closer to God, then that is one instance I hope my heavenly Father will see that my effort is to worship and glorify him by serving others.

2. Tamara D.Davis says:

Hi family! This is my FAVORITE lesson of all the ones you’ve done. I have lived out being chastised about pride for the last 18 months. Omgoodness! You were bowling down my alley. As you were going through the different scriptures on pride and humility it brought back the freshness of how damaging pride was for me. It is the devil’s chief weapon of war! It had me so off the course God mapped out for me. I am so eternally grateful for the lessons I’ve learned about humility. Many people think pride is obvious. It can be but just like you said, it’s sneaky. As I was listening to the lesson, I heard in my spirit “Love is a builder, pride is a destroyer.” I also got this: the body of Christ is not a one man show. I need what you got, you need what I got.” Wonderful, wonderful lesson!!!

Oh, I BOL at “patience on steroids.” I don’t even know how you said that with a straight face. Hilarious!

• Tamara Davis says:

P.S. Walk Worthy Press is the name of the group that published some of the first Christian books I read.

And like Debbie said, they are HIS gifts and He can choose to manifest them any time He wants to and in anyone He wants too.

I went on to read more in Romans 12 and it blessed me so. I was kind of lamenting about how in my circle of influence, I am always the one checking on people, saying good morning, asking about their day, encouraging them, etc. but nobody does that for me the way I do it for them. As I read through Romans 12, I realized that God gave ME the grace for that so I carry that mantle. It’s something seriously needed and He knew I’d be faithful with it! That put an abrupt end to my lamenting LOL. Ever since then, I take such joy in doing so now.

Yep, Walk Worthy Press published Heavenly Places! In fact, Denise Stinson, the woman who started Walk Worthy Press, was my agent for More Christian…I remember when she was telling me she wanted to start Walk Worthy…seems so long ago!

You raise such an interesting and important point, Tamara. So, so true that if you have certain gifts, you can begin to feel a little down because certain things aren’t done for you in return. We ALL know that among your gifts is the gift of encouragement. You’re a BIG encourager. I can’t even imagine what you do in your “real life” for the people around you (I know…this is real life and we’re real people, but you know what I mean. lol). It would be very hard for others to match that. Number one, it’s from the Spirit, so if someone’s an unbeliever, they CAN’T match that. Number two, even IF you’re dealing with fellow believers, and even though we’re all called to encourage one another, it would still be hard to encourage at your level. You’ve been given that gift in GREAT MEASURE. I mean, you’re the one who threw a Valentine’s party to love on women…who DOES that?? Tamara does!!! And it’s beautiful! So yes, I’m glad you stopped lamenting about that and accepted that you’ve bee given lavish grace. :)) Praise be to God!

• Tamara Davis says:

I didn’t even realize that!!! My goodness, that is a great story right there. This morning, I briefly thought about Treva sitting at the table with her colored pencils wading in the depths of the words in the book of Ephesians. Now I see….yes, yes, yes…now I see. :) That book was really such a great book to read and the Lord lead me to read it right at the perfect time. I remember sitting in church one day and read the words “heavenly places in Ephesians” and BAM it hit me. LOL I said “THAT’S where Kim got it from.”

In my real life, I hadn’t been as “on it” as I used to be because of where my head has been over the last year and a half. BUT I am getting back to it. LOL @ “real life” I got what you were saying. I just like to see people laugh and smile. My job is a mission field too. Someone said the word “kind” when talking about the fruit of the spirit. It might have been you. Anyway, being kind is God. LIGHT BULB went on! I said “God, you mean I can show You and introduce You to unbelievers at work without even saying your name????” So now, I am spreading kindness to people on my floor at work by doing little unexpected things for them. They have all figured out it’s me so I can’t surprise them anymore but they never see it coming.

The Valentine’s Party was a HIT!!!! Blessed me for ages to come.

It’s an honor to have a place in which to be so transparent. I never want to feel resisted by God ever again. The road back to humility has been….I can’t even describe it.

• MrsTrip98 says:

I agree, Kim. Tamara’s gift of encouragement is so deep that it can’t be anything less that God’s anointing. Tamara’s comments compelled me to follow the blog discussion before I decided to participate. Her encouragement is a ministry within itself and a magnificent example of how one part of the church body edifies the other.

And to think that that one spiritual gift of encouragement joined with Kim’s gift of eloquent teaching. Spiritual gifts in action makes this blog one of the best kept secrets.

Much gratitude to our LORD and many thanks to both of you ladies!

• Tamara Davis says:

Awww thank you!!! It’s an honor to be trusted like this, it really is. Because of this study, I now embrace it as something God blessed and graced me to do. I cannot explain what happens inside of me when I see someone in pain or feeling bad. The encouragement rises up like living water and I have to release it. It’s almost as if He gives me a glimpse of what’s going on “behind the words”. My life experiences are now being used to help others. He is indeed a comforter and is waiting to be used by all of us.

I LOVE that it was Tamara’s comments that compelled you to follow the blog discussion. So beautiful! And I’m so thankful that the Lord moved you to participate because God has given you much grace to encourage as well. You bring such light and peace, and your wisdom has blessed me tremendously. Thank you so much for your gracious words about the blog. The Lord has TRULY blessed…and a big part of that blessing is the awesome blog sisters He sends here!

• MrsTrip98 says:

In my morning prayer I was just letting God know how insufficient I felt my thanks to him was. There are so, so many blessings. At times I get overwhelmed when I think of them. One in particular is this space with these sisters. I am very grateful that God blessed you with the talent of teaching and the heart to obey his calling. Thank you, sis :)

• Deborah (Debbie) says:

Ya Tamara, I so get what you are saying about serving and not necessarily seeing it returned (and I really get that when you are an encourager). God had to do some teaching to me too (but really, while the lessons may be hard it’s exciting to learn of God, I think) bringing me to the understanding that I am to do what He gives me to do, use the gifts He’s given as He directs because of HIM and keep my eyes on HIM as I serve. In some ways I’ve found that there is a special joy in this and it takes some of the pressure off….when “I” get in the way (and I do, uh huh) its a mess, I’m a mess and I make a mess for everyone else. I’m still learning!!!

Bless you, Tamara. Keep letting Him shine through you!

• Tamara Davis says:

Thank you Debbie! I tell you, I am learning to walk in love more and more. Just when I think I got it, He takes me to another level with it. I am learning to drive really well in my lane.

Tamara, I’m always so thankful for your transparency. Pride is so sneaky that we can be too prideful to admit we’ve been prideful! :) I praise God both that you were willing to share this with us and that He’s already been doing a work in your heart in this area. Oh, how we ALL need a continual work in this area… It’s not easy when the Spirit begins to convict us for pride…and it’s an unmistakable conviction. He’ll highlight certain thoughts, a facial expression, reactions to this thing or that…all of it uncovering an ugly heart attitude. I’m so grateful that when we repent, the Lord forgives and helps us to replace one heart attitude with another…uprooting pride and planting humility. “…the body of Christ is not a one man show”…amen! We NEED one another. And I love that humility helps us to appreciate what others have to offer, no matter how it’s packaged. When we remind ourselves that it’s ALL from God, how can we NOT appreciate it??

“patience on steroids”….that’s exactly how I feel about it! LOL

• Deborah (Debbie) says:

Oh boy, you two….I have both ears on my heart (ain’t that a picture) as you “talk”.

• Tamara Davis says:

The biggest lesson I’ve learned is that there is SO much rest in humility. The Lord exposed me good fashion, but He didn’t do it in a way to embarrass me. He’s loving like that!

3. Nichole Christian says:

Hello Kim and blog sisters:

This study just continues to fill me up. Grateful for that but I’m also grateful for the wisdom and the love of God that spills out here each week in the comments.Being in the company of faith filled sisters is a wonderful thing. Thanks to you all for being so generous with your love of Christ and even your challenges.

Debbie, I’m completely feasting on this:
    “They are HIS gifts.
    HE gives them.
    …for HIS purposes (there is the whole thing about His Body and One another….)
    and…
    HE determines how to distribute them and use them.

“There is nothing of myself in here except to submit. (Although I am free to ask for gifts…but I need to check my motives on this…)I don’t deserve the gifts, I don’t own the gifts, I didn’t “earn” the gifts and the gifts are not about me in the spotlight…”

I need to tape this passage up somewhere to keep it close. Right beside Tamara’s awesome point: “Love is a builder, pride is a destroyer.” I know as sure as my fingers are typing that God focused my eyes on these things for specific reasons.I like to think that I consistently reflect God’s humility in all that I do. But I know I’m not even close. Lately, I feel like he’s scrubbing my eyes of the illusion that I ever was. In fact, I’ve been looking closely at the aspects of His word that I key on when I’m reading the Word or devotions. Without fail, HE locks my eyes on love, humility and the words inside out. Everywhere I turn, God’s breaking it down, letting me know that He ,and He alone, is the one who builds up whatever good there is in me. It’s HIM and it’s all His.

The bell rang for me once again as I read this week’s comments. I’m grateful that He’s placing me in spaces to receive exactly what He needs me to know, like this pearl from Kim.

“No matter what God calls us to, we HAVE to remember that its HIS, HIS, HIS, and “surrender/submit” … to His will. Then we can ENJOY the journey.”

All I can say is, Amen Kim and YES, I hear you, Lord.

• Tamara Davis says:

Hi Nicole,

As I said earlier, I’ve been dealing with pride for the last 18 months. God exposed my heart and that thing was not pretty. On my wall, I have this (in big letters): Humility is my biggest ally. Humility is on my side. I used to have “Pride is my number one enemy.” I took that down because I don’t want to focus on what pride does, I wanted to keep focusing on the benefits of humility. Love and humility will be your “spiritual glue” that holds everything together. Right now, I am tremendously blessed because I am watching “He gives grace to the humble” in real time in my life. It is a beautiful thing! God’s exposure of pride in my heart saved my life.

This study has so RICHLY blessed me and enlarged my spirit. It’s so beautiful to see your growth displayed right there. One thing you will learn as you get closer and closer to God is this: everything you thought you knew–you don’t know. Ask me how I know….

• Nichole Christian says:

I’m with you, Tamara. This study has been a rich blessing. I look forward to knowing less and less of the things I think I know, lol.

Thanks again!

Nichole, my heart simply filled as I read this. I love that you’ve been blessed by the nuggets found in the comment section of the blog. I try to tell those who receive the blog in their inbox and never venture to the actual blog site, that they need to check out the comments…that my posts only *begin* the discussion. But I trust that the Lord is moving in the hearts of those who come and those who post, and He knows what each of us needs to hear. I’m so thankful that the Lord led you here weeks ago, and that you’ve found words to feast on…just as surely as we have feasted on yours. You too have been generous in allowing us to see and rejoice in your walk with the Lord, and how He’s showing you the depths of His love.

And yes, even showing you *yourself*…ooh, I could feel this…”I feel like he’s scrubbing my eyes of the illusion that I ever was…” I know how that feels, and it doesn’t feel good. And yet, it does, if that makes sense. It doesn’t feel good in that instant we realize we fall far short of where we would like to think we are. But THEN we realize that if God is showing us, it’s because He loves us…and He will give us grace to grow. In that, we can rejoice. Nobody breaks down and builds up like God!

Praising God that He was faithful to give you what you needed right here in the comments. :) May His mighty work continue to shine in your heart, sis!

• Deborah (Debbie) says:

Nicole, I’m praying with you as you let God do the “scrubbing”…there is such refreshing and wonder whenever He does His work (even if a little discomfort at times). I’m so FAR from being the humble He longs for me to be and I’m often so surprised by pride and how it shows itself sometimes…but I’m also surprised by the relief and joy found on those occassions when I choose to “let it go” and I watch the Spirit work His wonders.

I love this…” I look forward to knowing less and less of the things I think I know, lol.” Emphasis on the “I” in the “…things I think I now.” Right?! I’m kind of grinning and thinking, “Yep, that’s a keeper for me” :) I’m with you. I want to know more and more of the things HE wants me to know and I want to know them “inside out” :)

• MrsTrip98 says:

Hi Nichole,

The most beautiful part of being in God’s will is being where we are supposed to be seeing and hearing what we should. What amazes me is how the Word has a way of meeting me where I am. That is proof that the Word is a living component of our Christian lives.

4. MrsTrip98 says:

Wow, Kim! I am a week behind, but I MUST process this before looking at any comments on the blog…processing and digesting this nourishing food for my soul :)

I’m about to comment to you below, but as I said on the YouTube channel…I love when you’re processing because I know it means we’re about to get some wonderful wisdom nuggets. :)

5. Hey EVERYBODY!

I just finished reading ALL of the comments and they, along with the study, have blessed me! Kim, as you walked us through the verses in this lesson, an outline formed in my mind: Humility toward God; Humility toward each other; Gifts supplied by God; Gifts supplied for each other; All for God’s glory. When we get this, live this, we can walk worthy. But this can be so hard, if we don’t keep these as our focus. Just yesterday I found myself arguing with the Lord about why I shouldn’t show grace to one of my housemates, a kid! I will be FORTY FIVE Thursday and have been saved since 26 and I was acting like a kid in response to a kid. Yes, we need to hear this word over and over and over again! Thank you for spurring us on to love and good works!

Debbie, your “They are HIS gifts. HE gives them.…for HIS purposes (there is the whole thing about His Body and One another….)and…HE determines how to distribute them and use them.” is so succinct and great nuggets that I have been meditating on.

Tamara, I LOVE how God gave you “Love is a builder, pride is a destroyer.” That right there is good stuff!

Nik, I love your introspection! It causes me to examine my heart (really, to have God examine and show me my heart) so I can, with God’s grace, walk worthy.

Ok, bye for now. Thanks for all your insight. Love you ladies!

• MrsTrip98 says:

Hi Rhonda,

Humility is key. I realized that acknowledging my humility negates humility. Pride is indeed sneaky, thus I must continually seek God’s direction in all that I do. It is almost like checking with him before, during, and after my every act. Comparing my thoughts and actions with scripture with hopes that my attempts add to the body of Christ.

• Tamara Davis says:

Rhonda….if I could only tell you how God is dealing with me about pride! HAVE MERCY! I am so thankful because it has saved my life. I am learning every day to see pride in the most basic decisions. Humility is liberating and rewarding. Love is indeed a builder!

Rhonda, I love the outline that formed in your mind. I was picturing arrows as I read “Humility TOWARD God” (up arrow toward God); “Humility toward each other” (arrows pointing both ways, between us and others); “Gifts supplied by God” (arrow pointing downward); “Gifts supplied for each other” (arrows pointing one way, from us to another). That’s an awesome picture. Yes…”when we get this, live this…” And as much as we want to live this, it’s so true that our flesh just RISES UP. I so get what you shared because I’ve been in situations where a kid has gotten under my skin (let’s face it, it happens…..it happens with my own kids, but it’s easier to address that ;) and you really do have to take a minute to move from the flesh to the Spirit. I love that the Lord understands even that. It’s so freeing when we can say, “You know what? I’m not going to let this get to me. It doesn’t *have* to get to me. God has given me grace to rise above it.” You have to realize too, Rhonda, that being in a long-term situation like that will cause all kinds of things to push your buttons. You’re truly walking in love and demonstrating good works, which means all the more that arrows (a different kind) will be sent your way to throw you off. Daily look to the Lord for grace and strength. I so admire what you’re doing. Thank you for being real with us, and thank you for how you let the Lord use you. Love you too!

6. alli says:

At first listening i felt like a hot mess, filled with pride, woefully inadequate, wild and no where close to where God wants me. The animal example is accurate, i see some women all tame and i feel like tiger. Lol. but by the end esp after the body part i am encouraged. Feeling like im woefully non essential in the body as God moves forward blessing others with better gifts then me, i see how God is concerned about us all and wants to even the score so as there be no comparison. I have to be honest at times i feel my contribution very minute, and wonder why God even keeps me here, im not a mom, i have no house, in fact it seems God is the one who missed the memo, but this is encouraging as i try to keep pride in check, knowing God can and will use anyone. Thanks for posting tjis

• MrsTrip98 says:

Hi Alli,

There are plenty of “hot messes” in the Bible. David used his power to put have a soldier killed so that David could marry his wife, yet he was a “man after God’s heart.” Saul persecuted many Christians but later became the one persecuted for Christ’s sake. Hosea’s wife, Gomer, was a prostitute and even left her husband and children for an ungodly life. Yet, God used her husband’s passionate and unconditional love for her to illustrate his love for Israel.

God has a way of using “hot messes” to carry out his will.

No matter where you are in life, know that you are here for a reason. God has a purpose for every single day of your life. I pray that you know your worth in God.

• Tamara Davis says:

Shuga plum, remember the Psalms study Kim did a while ago? May I make a suggestion? For the next week or so, feast your eyes and mouth on Psalms 139. Every day, read it and then speak it out loud. Allow the Holy Spirit to minister to you on a deep, personal level.

At the beginning of the Ephesians study, Kim talked about all that we are entitled to and so forth. What I got from that is everything we have, is already ours. The devil can’t just straight up take it from you! Therefore, he has to trick you into handing it over to him. Right now, he’s trying to take your knowledge of how important you are to God and the body of Christ. Just like a human body, everything God put in it—we need. Every person in the body of Christ is needed. EVERYBODY! God is the ultimate recycler. He can take your messed up, jacked up past and create something new and beautiful with it. He’s always doing new but He can use something from your past to propel you into your future. Your only job is to believe, trust and obey Him. Now I know at times this can be very challenging but like the study has shown, we must always be “putting off the old and putting on the new.” We won’t “get this” in just one sitting, one reading of the Word. Be purposed about not staying “stuck”. He’s got you and He will not allow your world to fall apart. YOU MATTER!!!! I don’t care what they said, what they did, what they didn’t say, what they didn’t do…YOU MATTER!

Sis, you’ve gotten a lot of wisdom already from MrsTrip and Tamara. I love MrsTrip’s examples of “hot messes” in the Bible. Yes! We were all a hot mess, but in Christ, you are redeemed, adopted, and every other wonderful thing Ephesians tells us. One thing I definitely want to emphasize is that no gift is “better” than another. How could it be? They’re all from God Himself. Everything He does and every gift He gives is good and perfect. Draw near to Him continually, keep your focus on Him, and believe that He will accomplish His will concerning you.

7. MrsTrip98 says:

Hi Everyone,

The fact that we are all connected in Christ puts a whole different perspective on so many things for me. I remember reading that everything we do strikes a chord in eternity. Just think, our thoughts and actions affects the overall body of Christ in one way or another. “Body Life” is huge!

Humility allows room for my growth and progress in any area. I must remember that “thinking humbly of myself is thinking accurately myself.” Apart from Christ, my efforts are futile. With Christ, however, my attempts are purposed and favorable.

Hey Sis! I’ve been enjoying all of your comments above. What a blessing that you spread so much love and light here. It is so true, and I love the way you put it…”Just think, our thoughts and actions affects the overall body of Christ in one way or another.” We really do have a great responsibility toward one another. Even when we sin, it’s not just about us or even our close family members…it’s about the body of Christ. Yes, when we consider that…wow. Thinking about Body Life should hopefully encourage us to seek the Lord all the more to walk worthy in Him.

“Humility allows room for my growth and progress in any area”…I’m sitting here meditating on that. That’s so good. There is truly no area of our lives that humility can’t touch. Or pride…but Lord, I pray You help us all to “infect” and infuse our lives with humility and not pride. As my sister so beautifully stated, may our efforts in Christ be “purposed and favorable.” Good stuff, sis!