My Secret Weapon

A confessional marriage moment…

I’m sure none of my blog sisters can relate. ;-)

[Video link is here.]

6 Responses to “My Secret Weapon”

1. Tamara Davis says:

Good morning!!! Thanks for the wisdom! I pray that the Holy Spirit brings back to my remembrance this counsel when I get married. Really, this can work now as a single person with all of my relationships–children, parents, friends, etc. Your marriage moments have been a blessing to me. I thoroughly enjoy them.

Good Morning Tamara! You know, that’s so true that this is not just for marriages. Being slow to speak, choosing wise words, and praying in the midst…that’s something that benefits all relationships, as you said. I use this secret weapon with my kids! :) The Lord can surely reach their hearts and minds much more effectively than I can. So thankful that you’re enjoying the marriage moments!

2. Danielle says:

Well. All I have to say to this is MMM HMMM. “The sweetest times are when I am able to be quiet……” I’m sure Bavin would agree! LOL…..not necessarily for the same reasons :)

I’m a work in progress, but yes – this is SOOOOOOOO true! God has sure heard His share of arguments from me in the recent past; I could be a guest on Law and Order!

Thank you for the wisdom, Kim, and the laugh – I am smiling smiling smiling over here because this was SOOOOOOO me!!!!! Thank God it is never too late to learn.

This had me cracking up, Danielle… “I’m sure Bavin would agree! LOL…..not necessarily for the same reasons”…haha Yes, I’m sure many husbands would agree that the sweetest times are when we’re able to be quiet, lol! That proverb comes to mind that it’s better to dwell on a corner of a roof than to be in a house with a contentious woman. Yikes! Yes. I guess God would agree as well that quiet is better. ;-)

I’m a work in progress too, sis. I recorded that a month ago, and the day I posted it, OF COURSE the Holy Spirit tapped me on my shoulder as I began to run my mouth about something. :)) We shall remain in learning mode together! Thanks for making me smile too!

3. Felecia c says:

ohhh my that was powerful! I am not married as of now but I can see where my mouth and selfish heart can get in the way. I can see where me wanting to be right could poison my marriage. I admire that you’ve learned to be quiet, pray, and wait on God! That’s something I will be working on. Thanks for these marriage moments thet are helpful for me in processing what marriage is and if I really want to go down that road!

Felecia, I’m so thankful that these marriage moments are helping you as well! Marriage is definitely a place where God refines us. Selfishness is constantly being chiseled. ;) I can’t say I’ve learned to “be quiet, pray, and wait on God” in the sense that it’s all behind me, and I don’t have any issues. As I just shared with Danielle though, I’m *still* learning. :) Oh, that tongue is hard to tame…but I’m thankful for God’s grace! :)