Hope, Riches, Power (Ephesians – Week 4)

By the time you receive this, I should be on my way to Israel (God willing…if flights cooperate in this weather).  I’m giving the heads-up so you’ll know I’ll be away from the blog and unable to respond to comments.  But please, do post anyway!  We have such a great community that you will hardly notice I’m gone anyway. :)

Also as a heads-up, the Week 5 video is scheduled to go live on Sunday, February 23, 2014.  You can simply go to my YouTube channel to find it that day (YouTube.com/kimcashtate).  I will upload it as a blog post when I return midweek, so that we can discuss.

Though I’ll be gone this week, I’m anticipating great discussion on this one.  It’s all about Paul’s prayer for us to grasp the amazing truths about who we are and what we have in Christ.  I love this prayer.  It’s one I’ve prayed for family and friends for years, and I encourage you to do the same!  This is a prayer God delights to answer, because it’s His will that we understand these truths.

As always, I pray this lesson blesses you.  You can find the video here.

36 Responses to “Hope, Riches, Power (Ephesians – Week 4)”

1. Deon A says:

Wow so many of my favourite scriptures are mentioned here. This study just gets better very week. “In Christ we find out who we are and what we are living for” there is so much power and strength in this chapter and I’m excited about this week study.

Will be back with my mid-week reflections.

My cup overflows!! What a mighty God we serve!

Deon, this says it well…”there is so much power and strength in this chapter”…yes! This is a Bible chapter to know and meditate on in depth. And what a way to cap it off, with Paul’s prayer. This chapter truly does let us know that our cup overflows!

2. Kim, I hope you have a terrific trip!

3. Felecia says:

Whew this is some good stuff y’all!!! I’m blown away by this! It’s about really knowing and understanding God and what we have IN CHRIST we are rich!!! I’m learning to not just believe in a God but believe him. His power is unmatched and holds all authority! To top it all this great ruler loves me? Wow blown away with thankfulness and awe! Can’t wait for the next segment! Love you all my sisters! Enjoy that trip Kim!

• Deborah (Debbie) says:

Felicia…Yes! YES!! YES!!!! Amen!!!!

Felecia, I can soooo feel your enthusiasm in the Lord…you got me excited! :) But that’s truly what happens when truth becomes real and seeps down into our spiritual bones. “…to not only “believe in a God but believe him”…yes! It blows me away as well, time and time again. May you continue to abound in the deep and rich power and love of God! Love you too!

4. Deborah (Debbie) says:

Kim…hoping you are having an awesome and wonderfully blessed time. Israel..the stuff of dreams!

I am overwhelmed at all there is here. I don’t even know where to begin. These verses are rich, rich, rich!!!!

1. EVERYTHING, everything, everything, EVERYONE, everyone, everyone is under the authority of my Jesus. “They” (be it circumstances, the evil one, people,) are all under His feet. There is no name the is greater, more powerful or has more authority than Jesus. And I am HIS!

This doesn’t mean life will always be smooth or trouble free (bet I didn’t have to tell anyone that– grin) but it does mean that I am not at the mercy of anyone or anything. I am in the hands of the one who is over all and is at work in all the situations to do good. And He says “Trust Me!” :)

2) There is some mighty power at work in my life and is available for me to live according to His plan and delight for me and to face all manner of attack from the enemy (the world, the flesh and the evil one) — Any power that can raise the dead is an awesome, mighty power and is sufficient for whatever I might face. Thank you, Jesus!

3. May “…the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory,…give [us]… the Spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of him, having the eyes of…[our] hearts enlightened, that… [we] may know…” YES, LORD…make it so.

You know…this Living in Christ can be a pretty exciting adventure if I will trust Him. Actually, simply stopping to think on these truths is pretty thrilling…Our God is pretty thrilling (can you say “understatement”?). Just imagine if I were to walk in these truths moment by moment…LORD open the eyes of my heart WIDE!!!!

God bless you, Kim and blog sisters with better than 20/20 heart vision!!!

P.S. I’m loving Ephesians!!!! Again, Thank you, God for your wonderful Word! (And thank you, Kim for letting Him use you to encourage and equip us.)

• Deborah (Debbie) says:

I want an edit button. That’s all I’m sayin….

• MrsTrip98 says:

No edit button needed, my dear. Your thoughts were so eloquently conveyed. I have read this post twice and will likely read it again just to take in the goodness all over again :)

• Danielle says:

Oh my goodness, Debbie……this, ALL of this! I have not even watched the video/done the study yet, but I saw your comment and thought, “YES.” Especially #1. Awesome, awesome, awesome….and awesome is the God we serve! You have blessed and inspired me!!!

Now, hopefully I will be able to find some 30 minutes of “me” time to actually watch the video myself!! :)

Hugs!

• Deborah (Debbie) says:

Danielle, I’m hoping you get that time real soon…you will be encouraged! I love getting the chance to know God better and better and better and this lesson sure does that. AND I love being reminded of truths that its easy to discount or “forget” or say “yeah but” and how God makes them REAL…hmmm…guess that would be the “eyes of the heart” prayer being answered :) Bless you, girl. May He be HUGE in your days.

• MrsTrip98 says:

I know exactly how you feel, Danielle. I approach the study wishing for only 20 minutes of quality time. After the complete study (watching praying, watching the video, meditating, and reflecting) a good hour has passed. I think where in the world has time gone.

But you know, that is what keeps me coming back for me. In my mind I always think, “That was just not enough time.”

Hey there Debbie! I can’t thank you enough for sharing so much wisdom on the blog in my absence. You are a gem! Right here in your point number 1, you got me excited…”EVERYTHING, everything, everything, EVERYONE, everyone, everyone is under the authority of my Jesus”…what else needs be said?? :) If we would just get THAT, in every situation and circumstance of life. I LOVE that nothing and no one is greater, and yes, “I am HIS!” Rejoicing in that truth!

I almost cut and pasted the entire next paragraph, but if I had to abbreviate:)…”… it does mean that I am not at the mercy of anyone or anything. I am in the hands of the one who is over all and is at work in all the situations to do good”…yes, yes, yes! Lord, help us to remember this! There is so much freedom in knowing this, so much rest.

“Any power that can raise the dead is an awesome, mighty power and is sufficient for whatever I might face”…okaay! This is a truth that ministers to me even now. There is always something that raises itself up in our lives and tries to throw us off course. But there is nothing greater than God’s power! We can see why the Bible says to just keep your mind stayed on HIM!

“Just imagine if I were to walk in these truths moment by moment”…I’m sayin’! That’s my prayer, to live that radically. To trust that radically. Lord, may it be so for us all. Amen to the prayer for 20/20 heart vision!

Thank you, Debbie, for your love of God and His Word, and your willingness to allow Him to use you on this blog. You too encourage and equip here, and I’m so thankful. May the Lord continue to enliven His Word in all of our hearts!

5. Deon A says:

Wow, Amazing and eye opening lesson this week. I love this prayer and even the scripture from Romans 8:38-39, but after listening to this week study I appreciated them even more.
    Love how you emphasized the importance of Christ sealing us. Knowing that the King of all kings sealed us by his spirit is really life changing! I am secure in him WOW! (this message never gets old).

Verse 17 “spirit of wisdom and of revelation” brought me back to Samuel and his request. It also led me to 1 Corinthians 2 which also emphasized relying on God’s wisdom and not the wisdom of the world.

Finally, the awesome ending of chapter 1, reminding us of the authority and power We have in Christ because of what he did on the cross. This brought me back to Genesis where God told the first man (Adam and Eve) to have dominion. Though for a season the enemy thought he had won today we know that we have the victory in Christ. So whatever it is we face today or in the days to come we have All Authority and All Power over them and we can put All things in subjection under our feet in Jesus Name!

Being blessed each week and so thankful to be a part of this study.

Love you Kim and God bless you for your continued faithfulness to his call and his word!

• Deborah (Debbie) says:

Deon, I am falling in love with Ephesians. What a rich, rich book. You said, “Verse 18 ” eyes of your heart may be enlightened”. This brought me back to one of my favourite scriptures, Psalm 119:18 “open my eyes, that I may behold wonderful things from your law”. Yes! How exciting, wonderful, rich is His word. Ephesians is reminding me of that…its like a huge gold mine with gigantic nuggets everywhere you put your foot (not sure how accurate this analogy is but I bet you get what I mean :) )

It gives me goosebumps to think of the glory of Christ revealed just in this first chapter and causes me to contemplate in awe the wonder of Him and the implications for my life. Everything under His feet, Everything under His authority. All powers subject to Him and the power that raised Him from the dead at work in me for His glory and my good. And I can stand on that “whatever.” When I feel that life and circumstances and the enemy are overwhelming, He will give me grace and power to live and walk and stand in Christ and I can know that all those things are under His powerful hand and they must obey Him. I can rest knowing He is at work to His glory and my good. Ahhh, He is AWESOME!

• Deon A says:

Oh Debbie

Yes I fully get your analogy (big smiles)

God is just Marvelous! And Yes Ephesians and this study all together is truly transforming my walk with HIM.

Love you sis

Deon, I find the knowledge that we’re sealed by the Holy Spirit life changing as well! It means so much to know that we’re secure. “…this message never gets old”…AGREED! If God is the one doing the sealing, I’m not going anywhere!

“spirit of wisdom and of revelation”…amen, that it’s God’s wisdom and not the wisdom of the world. I love that the Ephesians verse makes clear that it’s “in the knowledge of Him.” That way, we can’t even be tempted to come up with our own “revelation” but rather, look solely to the word of God.

Love how you tied “eyes of your heart may be enlightened” to Psalm 119:18. Indeed, we behold “wonderful things” when God opens our eyes. To know that we can’t truly see apart from Him is astounding!

That awesome ending of chapter 1 became even more real to me in Israel, seeing where Jesus was crucified and buried. Knowing that our Lord was raised from the dead and is seated “far above all rule and authority and power and dominion” is SUCH a praise! Jesus walked those very streets where people didn’t believe He is God, and even today, people on those very streets (and elsewhere) don’t believe He’s God. And yet, He is still over ALL. May we look to our Savior and serve our Savior in fullness always.

Love you too, sis, and so thankful for your wisdom on this journey!

6. Deon A says:

Kim
    I’m seeing your posts on Instagram and I know that you are having a fabulous time. Praying it will be a time of rejuvenation for you both physically and spiritually.

Deon, it truly was a time of rejuvenation. Physically, I’m still recovering:)…but spiritually, I’m soaring. It exceeded expectations…

7. MrsTrip98 says:

Hello Sisters,

Paul’s reveals so much through his prayer. As Kim pointed out, hope, riches, and power are ever present here. Like Paul, we should be in constant prayer for the strength of saints and the church as a whole. God’s revelation and knowledge guides us, and His mighty hand of protection keeps us. With so much that is going wrong in this world, some times I wonder what on earth is keeping it going. The bigger question should be who. And the answer is God. Another question…Why? The answer is because of his mercy and faithfulness.

The prayers of the righteous prevail. Thus, I pray for each one of you, my sister in Christ. To each sister in this community:I pray much peace and strength in the Lord. To Kim: I pray God’s continual blessings on your ministry.

Love you ladies!!

• Deborah (Debbie) says:

MrsTripp98, Wow. You said ALOT in a short space, here. I was encouraged, comforted and challenged almost in one breath. Thank you for this. And thank you for your prayer. It is not wasted on this sister!

Bless you…I pray for you too as God brings you to mind.

• MrsTrip98 says:

Hi Debbie,

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers as well.

I often think of how God’s promises and faithfulness to the saints benefit the world as a whole. Knowledge of God and his gracious revelation of his love and character is what keeps us grounded. The Holy Spirit, our Comforter, is the core of our strength and moral restraint that we exercise. I can’t imagine the chaos and destruction of this world without God’s protection. Only God can understand the detriment of events that will take place when he removes his veil of protection.

That is why we must constantly pray for each other and the church body as a whole.

I always enjoy reading your comments. They never cease to leave me running for my Bible to seek a verse you reference. Quite often I carry your thoughts with me to bed or throughout my work day.

Much thanks and love to you, sis!

• Deborah (Debbie) says:

Thank you, dear sister for your encouraging words.

Its interesting what you have to say about the Holy Spirit’s work in this world and through His people and how that too benefits the world. There is so much evil and heartache, yet we do not understand just how much the Holy Spirit holds at bay and you point us to His loving, compassionate work in restricting that evil. I suppose that when we stand before Him we will be stunned to recognize just how gracious, kind and compassionate He has been — just how much evil we did not see –while He has been working and waiting to bring His full plan to completion. And oh, how we do need one another’s prayers. Our God hears and responds. Someday we will be so overcome by the “well done” we hear because we have taken seriously the ministry of prayer and imagine the spine tingling wonder when we see how He has used the prayers of others in our lives. What an absolute privildedge it is to be given the opportunity to bring each other to the very throne of the Almighty.

Thank you again, for encouraging me to continue to stand fast in prayer and trust the work of the Holy Spirit no matter what things “look like”. I am thinking I want to spend some time thanking this wonderful God of mine for His overwhelming care and protection and work.

Love to you too!!

Sis, I love your call to be in constant prayer. AMEN! Where would we be without prayer? I was just thinking this morning that prayer needs to be EVERYTHING in my life. Prayer is truly powerful. And knowing it’s powerful, I need to be praying even more. As Debbie said, you “encouraged, comforted and challenged almost in one breath”…this was needed!

Thank you for praying for us, and I pray for you as well, that the peace and strength of God will overflow in your life. May His mercy and faithfulness abound continually toward you, in ways that you immediately perceive. Love you too!

8. Tamara D.Davis says:

Hi ladies!!! I just finished weeks 4 & 5. Week 5 is in YouTube already. This study is so rich. I had NO idea all of this was in there. I really have no words. I am in pure awe.

9. Tamara Davis says:

I’ll see if I have words today. I mean, I can’t even get my thoughts together about how powerful this study has been, especially week 4. The power and strength that God used to raise Jesus is in us???!!! I’ve heard about us having power but man, I didn’t even realize to what degree.

Just like Kim said, the devil can’t take anything from us so he keeps us in darkness. He knows he can’t take it so he has to deceive us out of it. Now, my mind is thinking on all the things I’ve been deceived out of…and I want my stuff back! Peace, healing, prosperity, wholeness, love, joy, YEAH he won’t be deceiving me out of anything else. And you know what, I almost skipped week 4 because my mind was telling me it was too late to go back and catch up. Well we know the devil is a lie and now I see why!

• Deborah (Debbie) says:

Ha, Tamara…so glad you didn’t listen to that sinister voice :) There is always time to “catch up” with the truth…it never goes bad, goes out of date, becomes dated or too late…IN FACT, it’s just possible you “caught up” at just the time God had in mind for you to be reading this ?!

May He bless you BIG, sister!!

Tamara, I love your awe of God’s Word…amen! Sometimes we truly are simply without words. And if there’s any truth to be awed over, His power in us is definitely one! :) The enemy is full of lies and deception. It’s so important to stay in God’s Word and to be continually growing in truth. When we focus on truth, God is faithful to open our eyes to the deception. And like Debbie said, it’s not possible to be too late. Whenever you catch up, it’s right on time. :) Blessings to you, sis, and may the Lord continually open your eyes to behold the beauty of His truth!

10. Deon A says:

Hey Tamara

Thats exactly how I felt when I went through week 4 study. Thanking God you were able to catch up. you were in my thoughts and prayers.

We have Overwhelming Victory through Christ as the NLT puts it and I have decided to walk in that Victory!

have a blessed day

11. please click the next website

Kim Cash Tate » Hope, Riches, Power (Ephesians – Week 4)

12. hufs.ac.kr says:

hufs.ac.kr

Kim Cash Tate » Hope, Riches, Power (Ephesians – Week 4)