THE COLOR OF HOPE Available Now (& other news)!

I’m excited to tell you all that THE COLOR OF HOPE is now available in stores and online!  [Caveat:  if you are an e-reader, the April 2 release date may still apply.]  I can’t tell you how much I appreciate your support with each book release.  You invest your time as well as your money, and I don’t take that for granted.  Thank you, thank you for your show of love!

Every one of my books holds a special place in my heart, and this one is no exception.  It was probably the most difficult to write.  God ministered to me as I wrote . . . and prayed . . . and wrote . . . and cried . . . and wrote some more.  But I don’t want you to think it’s totally heavy. :-)  Stephanie is in the book, so you know there are many laughs!  And there is a community of people with stories that will (hopefully) keep you entertained.  But yes, there’s some heaviness as well.  You already know I’m praying for God to use the book in each of your lives uniquely and powerfully.

I’ve uploaded a short video clip with a promo of the book HERE.

And there’s other news!  Some of you may have seen the announcement on Facebook, but I always share more on the blog. :-)  In November, after ten years at our former church, God led our family to a fairly new urban church plant in St. Louis—The Gate Church.  The way He led us there is a God-thing in itself.  And in the first couple of months, we saw prayers answered from more angles than we could count.  Then, in late January, I was approached about helping to develop and lead a women’s ministry for the church.

When Pastor Kenny approached me, he had no idea that more than ten years ago, God had spoken to my heart through Jeremiah 1 that He was calling me to teach His Word.  Pastor Kenny had no idea that as I wrote fiction, as I spoke with Women of Faith, as I blogged, and as I experienced various twists and turns along those roads—I was praying, asking God if I had truly understood that calling.  I had sensed a deeper kind of teaching, an in-the-Word, life-on-life, shepherding kind of teaching.

More than a decade later, God used my pastors at The Gate to bring that to pass.  Now, by God’s grace, we are moving forward.  God has given our women’s ministry a name—“REDEEMED & RELOADED”—and a mission, to transform a generation of women through His Word.

It would take another blog post to describe the gamut of what I’m feeling.  I guess this is the year of God doing a “new thing”—whacking my hair off, starting seminary, leading a women’s ministry. The latter is a sobering endeavor.  I pray that my posture always is one of clinging to Him.

Is God doing a new thing in your life?  Is there something you feel God has called you to, but you’re waiting for it to come to pass?

89 Responses to “THE COLOR OF HOPE Available Now (& other news)!”

1. Yolanda says:

Congrats. I love this series. Very inspiring.

2. Debbie says:

Good morning, Kim!!!

Sooo excited for you and looking forward to hearing all the “God things” that will be happening in you and His ministry through you in this new adventure (that will touch all the areas of your life as well as the lives of others.) What a great God we have. Yay God — go Kim in Him!!!

You and I are sooo sisters. I cannot even imagine how we will fit all we have to share in whatever time we have when we first meet. There will be so many “I, know, right!!!” ‘s going on. What fun its going to be ( I say, believing by faith that this Cheesecake Factory date is going to take place at some point :)

Bless you. You know that I will continue to pray for you in all the areas of your life.

Can’t wait to read “The Color of Hope”

Love ya…God is doing a GOOD THING!!!!

Good morning Debbie!!! I know, right?!?! :D I can just imagine what it will be like (believing by faith as well!) as we sit and swap God-stories and marvel at the many sister-similarities we have. Simply marveling at Him and His Word could consume tons of time! :) Thank you for sharing my exciting in this latest “God thing”….and thank you always for your prayers! Love you much!

• Debbie says:

Oh…P.S. New Thing…you know I’m working toward something I think God wants me to do, but I’m keeping it “quiet” for now… ;)

(But I’m scared to death — o.k. maybe not THAT scared but I’m a tad shakey…good thing the one who is The Rock (and not Dwayne Johnson) is the one who is doing the calling…I think…I’m pretty sure…I’m….in need of prayer :)

• Danielle says:

Hi Debbie! Praying for you as you walk out in faith on this new thing God is doing…..

Love that “The Rock” quip! :)

3. Mona says:

Wow Kim how exciting. I’m so very haappy for you.

4. LaRena says:

Good Morning Kim & Blog Family,

CONGRATS CONGRATS CONGRATS!!!! I just pre-ordered The Color of Hope.

So awesome your family has joined another church. Unfortunately some Christians believe you have to stay at the same church your entire life and ignore when God is calling them elsewhere. The women at your new church are in for a great ride. I am confident and eager to see how God will use you in this season. You are MORE THAN prepared!!!

I do not have any feedback to give for the questions you asked us –> “Is God doing a new thing in your life? Is there something you feel God has called you to, but you’re waiting for it to come to pass?” My walk is all over the place as usual. Feeling a little bit discouraged or should I say tired with a few areas in my life.

God Bless,

LaRena

• Tamara Davis says:

Hi LaRena!!! Good morning. Let me share what my Pastor told us: frustration comes when either we are doing something that God didn’t tell us to do OR not doing what God told us to do. Think on that today and let the Holy Spirit minister to you about that. :)

Good Morning LaRena! Thank you so much for your excited congrats and for pre-ordering The Color of Hope! So appreciate your support….and I smile whenever I remember meeting you at the release of Cherished. :) Yes, there’s a big difference between church-hopping every week and moving when God says move. It’s definitely good to find a solid, Bible-teaching church and make it a “home”….but we should always be in tune with the Holy Spirit. Some people stay at churches their entire lives because of tradition and aren’t being fed or growing in the Word.

“My walk is all over the place”….hmm, wondering what that means…:) It’s always good to take some time to sit before the Lord, Bible open, and seek Him and His will for your life in this season. I love those times because I get needed direction, strengthening, and refreshing. Being discouraged and tired are symptoms….your spirit is crying out for much-needed God-time. :)

• Tamara Davis says:

This is extremely important to take heed to “Being discouraged and tired are symptoms….your spirit is crying out for much-needed God-time. :)” I can’t do a day without it now! My appetite for His presence and His word are increasing more and more.

5. Tamara Davis says:

Yes, this is truly an Isaiah 43:18-19 year for me! This year started with a deep purification process for me. God has truly been working in me. After my most recentThe biggest “root exposure” was the fact that buried in me was an abused, neglected and abandoned 10 year old little girl. This little girl was driving the three areas of my life that I have the most challenges with. NOT ANYMORE! It feels so good to be free and whole in GOD! When I first saw that emblem on Kim’s FB page, that’s how I felt personally.

I remember reading Jeremiah 1:1-10 in October of 2005 and I heard a whisper in my spirit that told me that I am a leader. I am not 100% sure of what I am called to do but I feel very strongly that the ministry being birthed in me is encouraging women to true wholeness in God. I will not sit silent on what God has done for me because so many women need it.

I look forward to reading “The Color of Hope.” I am very excited for you Kim! You are a very gifted teacher. Bless God, bless you and thank You!

Tamara, I love that God is ALWAYS at work within us. We can grow and gain victories in certain areas and we praise God for that. But we also praise Him when He shines a lot so we can see areas in which we still need growth or areas in which we’re still in need of complete freedom. I’m rejoicing with you that this year has brought FREEDOM in a new area!

And I have no doubt that all you’ve been through coupled with the strong gift of encouragement in you will lead to you ministering about true wholeness in God. You’re already doing it! The ministry is already at work in various ways. Nope, you cannot keep silent. Women need to hear your testimony, and I praise God that you’re willing to give it so freely and honestly.

Thank you, always, for your support and gifted encouragement! :)

• Tamara Davis says:

Just realized I left out the words “relationship failure” in my post. (I need to slow down)

It’s an honor, Kim, to be such a valued part of this community. I enjoy coming here and lifting up God. I’ve been blessed by being a part of your life as you move with Him into newness.

And it’s an honor that you’re part of this blog community….you are such a light and a joy! I’m thankful that this is a place God has used you to exercise your gifts of wisdom and encouragement!

• Tamara Davis says:

Glory to God! It sure has. Something else I’ve noticed…when I can’t release in the form of encouragement, I don’t feel right. I feel off-balanced and burdened. I become full with no place to release. That’s how I know this is what God called me to do. So now, I am letting Him open the doors and avenues in which to do it.

6. Thomasina says:

Praise God for His faithfulness into you and your yielded position towards Him!
    I am unsure what it is God is doing in me right now but I know He’s moving. All the details aren’t clear but the heart is becoming aligned and open to receive. I currently have a Bible study at a public school with 34 kids. This ministry may be an open door to another calling. Because I’m a mom of 7 I always say that I don’t want to work with kids. But God may be calling me to do just that. I keep hearing “defender of the weak” in my spirit. I will se what God means by this.
    I always need Hope so I am looking forward to your book!

Thomasina, wow….a Bible study at a public school with 34 kids?? That’s awesome! How funny that you didn’t want to work with kids. :) Umm….I’m thinking the fact that God blessed you with 7 is an indication that *He* may want you to work with kids. :) I’m praising God that you’re able to minister at a public school in that way. I know God will make it clear what He’s calling you to do, in each and every season of your life. What a blessing that you’re able to shape so many hearts and minds for His glory!

• Pam C. says:

I so can relate to Thomasina. Some days I am really drained and say, do I really want to work with kids?…but everyday something or someone is directing me to work with kids!! I know that it is truly not me…but He is calling me to do this work. Feeling relieved and confirmed that I must continue to fight for the rights of our children, minister to them, nurture them, guide them, etc. Looking forward to reading Color of Hope. Blessings.

7. Danielle says:

I love those seasons when God moves mightily and seems to shift everything in our lives! So powerful…..Kim, blessings on all God is doing in your life. The women’s ministry will be a fantastic endeavor – I pray that you and ALL the women involved are enriched and blessed and led closer to Him. I know how much feeding and peace I get from the Mom’s group I am a part of; God really works in our gatherings, and I pray the same for Redeemed and Reloaded (LOVE that name, by the way!)

Oh, and Blog Sisters – read THE COLOR OF HOPE as soon as you can – it is POWERFUL! I could not put it down – I wish I had read slower, so I could have stayed in Hope Springs a little longer, but I could not stop! Guess I’m just going to have to read it again! :)

God is working in you, Kim…..praying for energy, faith, and courage in all you are doing this year!

For me, I think this is a quieter season; God is quietly murmuring and speaking, but this is not a “mountain-moving” season. For now, He has called me to focus on my Mommy Time – for Adanya and the little one who will be here in 2 short months (where did the time go?!?!?!?)……I keep thinking “when the kids are bigger, I will have more time for ______” – we’ll see what God thinks! :)

Danielle, your words and prayers and truly a blessing. And that word “shift” has truly been in my heart and mind lately! This is definitely a season when so much has shifted in a very real way. I feel like I need to keep up with what God is doing….and isn’t it funny that the way to “keep up” is to sit still and pray. :) That’s what I want to major on right now. I know just what you mean about your current season. When my kids were young, God shut down a lot of things I thought I’d be doing and had me focus on home. It’s such a precious time when our kids are small, and I’m finally starting to see how fast it truly goes. (When people tell you that, and you’re in the changing-diapers phase, you can’t seem to see it. :)) Even now with teens, my focus has to be on home….they need even more time and attention (sorry if you thought otherwise :D). I’m so excited for the season you’re in….2 short months??? The little one will be here before we know it!

Blog sisters, how can we have a virtual baby shower??? :)

Thank you again for reading The Color of Hope and THANK YOU for that awesome Amazon review!!! I so appreciate your taking the time to do that. Your feedback truly uplifts me! Blessings, my sis!

• Tamara Davis says:

I have two teens (and an 11 year old), one of whom just turned 18. Kim, you are right about them needing more time now. We just can’t turn them loose so quickly just because they are teenagers. In this time of restoration and purification, I listened to a series that my Pastor preached about the home. He preached it three years ago and there’s still so much newness and freshness about it. I only get one shot to be mom and one shot to be a wife (when the time comes). Sitting before the Lord and soaking in His word has really helped opened my eyes to see how my deeply rooted issues affected my parenting as well.

• Danielle says:

LOL – no, I definitely know that my kids will need me almost even more then they are “big”…..a lady I used to work with said one time “You know, most moms take time off when their kids are little, and go back to work and distance themselves when the kids are teenagers, when that is REALLY when the kids need you!” I just mean I will have a little more “free time” while they are at school and such – they won’t need me 24/7 like now (and hopefully will sleep through the night most nights! LOL)……it’s so true, though – a lifelong journey when there are children involved, but it has been such a blessing to be able to see Adanya every day blossom and grow.

And yes – 2 months! I don’t know how it went so fast….just the other day it finally REALLY hit me that – wow, we are going to have TWO kids, and our home will really start to fill with the noise of family, which has been my vision since we moved. I was sitting in the room that will be our son’s when he comes, and it just overwhelmed me and I got extra-excited.

And, Kim, I loved what you said right here: “and isn’t it funny that the way to “keep up” is to sit still and pray”….so true! I am working on shutting out the world and just concentrating on Him and the quiet and peace He brings.

So glad you liked the Amazon review – I meant every word, and I can’t wait until the next book!! :)

Love you all!

• Tamara Davis says:

Well Danielle, going from one to two babies is an easy adjustment. But shuga, going from two to three….girl, that third baby puts you over the top! LOL Do I have any more “three baby club” mamas here??? LOL

• Danielle says:

LOL does that mean we’re really insane for wanting a total of 4, if we’re so blessed? (Sometimes I think we are myself, but…..!!)

LOL…not insane at all! I have a close friend who always wanted a big family, and they now have 7! :)

• Tamara Davis says:

Not insane at all! After three, I assume the adjustment is easy once again. Here’s a promise for you & your four kids (and anyone else on here who desires children):
                Psalm 113:9 NKJV
                He grants the barren woman a home, Like a joyful mother of children. Praise the Lord!

Psalm 115:14 NKJV
                May the Lord give you increase more and more, You and your children.

Psalm 128:3 NKJV
                Your wife shall be like a fruitful vine In the very heart of your house, Your children like olive plants All around your table.

Psalm 147:13 NKJV
                For He has strengthened the bars of your gates; He has blessed your children within you.

Oh yes, you’ll definitely have more free time….you can take a shower when you want…you can take a nap without worrying that a catastrophe might occur…and WOW, when they got old enough where I could run errands without having to load them in the car!!!! :D I think that last one was most liberating…LOL I love that you had that moment of sitting in your son’s room, getting overwhelmed with excitement. Treasure it ALL. Praying the remainder of your pregnancy will be blessed, as well as the delivery….may God keep you and that precious son healthy and under the wings of His protective care. So exciting!

• Tamara Davis says:

YES!!!! >>>>when they got old enough where I could run errands without having to load them in the car!!!!<<<< OMGoodness this one is my favorite. I remember when my oldest two were really young and I needed to take a shower. I would strap them in their stroller (double stroller) and roll them into the bathroom just so I could take a shower. I couldn’t figure out any other way to do it and still keep my house from falling apart! LOL

• Danielle says:

Oh, I am laughing so hard over here reading these liberating stories! I, too, await the day when it doesn’t take an hour to get out of the house!!

Tam, the double-stroller story was hilarious – the other day, I was downstairs and I thought I heard Nya get up from her nap (she likes to sleep in “Mama-Dada Bed”), but then it was quiet….so about 20 minutes later I go upstairs to check on her, and this crazy little one has gotten the remote, turned on the TV, and was just chilling in bed watching cartoons! I laughed so hard – I also caught her sitting in the bathroom sink the other day saying “Help, Mama, I REALLY sick!” because she likes the way her grape cough medicine tastes. Ah, children….. :)

Life sure is on its way to being extra-exciting!

• Tamara Davis says:

In the words of a seasoned mama…claim your bed NOW or you will be fighting for it later when they are loud enough and big enough to wrestle you for it! LOL I only had one (the youngest) try to stay in my bed. NOT!!!! I guess he didn’t learn from the other two. My bed is MY bed! LOL

• Kristian says:

OMG!!!! Danielle, girlllll!! I didnt know you were preg!~ Congrats….Where have I been, must have missed that blog post, iotas ago. lol. Thinking of you and Bavin often and hoping thign s are getting better…..Is your sis in law still there? I felt like I havent talked to you in forever…Please forgive me, I dont know where Ive been? I miss you gf, and I love you too!

8. Kenya Rodgers says:

Wow Kim! I sure am missing out by not regularly reading your blog. That was about 6 or 7 announcements of new things happening in your life. LOL! Congratulations and Praise God!

Hey Kenya!! Haha….I did throw a couple of announcements in there, didn’t I? :) I think I’ve mentioned seminary before, but if you didn’t know, it would seem like a lot! So glad you stopped by!! And thanks so much for rejoicing with me! :)

9. Ciara Thompson says:

I can’t wait until Color of Hope comes out on Kindle. I’m getting antsy over here!! Kim your books always touch me in a special way. I’m getting really excited just thinking about it.
    Congratulations too you!
    Yes I can say that God is moving me to a new place, a place where I can concentrate on my school work and not my job too much. Sooooo… this is my last month of working full time and going to school full time. My last semester of school was horrible. I was so upset with myself. I got two D’s one in English and in African American Culture. I never thought I would get a D in English because its my favorite subject and how could I fail African Americans Culture!?! Lol
    This is my season to do me. Not just with my schooling but also with my relationship with God. I’m still not sure what my calling is. Im still waiting. It funny that others know my calling and I don’t. Strange! Lol Its a no on the second question.
    Ciara
    Again Kim Congratulations on your new journey. If you weren’t so far away I would love to visit and see you in action. :D

Hey Ciara! I know…I almost wish the book and the Kindle version would come out at the same time because I’m always torn about whether to announce that the book is available. :) Ciara, I think it’s awesome that you will have an opportunity to concentrate more on school because I remember you were so excited about starting school again. This way, you’ll be able to focus more. And it’s especially awesome that you want to focus on your relationship with God. You don’t have to worry about being sure of your calling right now. As you pursue God, He’ll lead you and make it clear. I can’t wait to hear how things go in this “new place” you’re moving to….that’s exciting! And thanks for sharing my excitement about the book! I wish you could visit too! :D

10. Tamara Davis says:

OMGoodness I just noticed the cross in the middle!

That’s so funny because a couple of people have seen the logo then a little while later said, “Wait, there’s a cross!” I love the way that logo turned out. :)

11. MrsTrip98 says:

Hello All!

I am here just soaking up all the words of wisdom, which I so need right now. This blog post is right on time for me. I know that for everything there is a season. One of my personal seasons is about to end. What is so strange is that I know that it is time, but it is hard to let go. The simple saying “Let go and let God” rolls so fluidly off the tongue but sometimes comes to pass with a *thud and a *bump :) In my personal growth, it seems that part of me is dying. I guess that is God pruning and preparing me for the next season. I thank God for Kim, each of you, and this beautiful community. Peace and blessings to each of you my sisters in Christ…

• Tamara Davis says:

Come on in Mrs. Trip, the water is fine shuga!

• MrsTrip98 says:

I am truly feeling that! I agree with your calling and gift to be an inspiration and am truly blessed with each comment that you leave for me and others. God bless you sis :)

• Danielle says:

That pruning part is always tough! Praying that the result of the pruning will be beautiful blossoms and growth!

• MrsTrip98 says:

Thanks so much for your prayers, Danielle! I feel them. I felt so much better after visiting this blog post and read the encouragement. It is truly a blessing to be a part of this community.

Sis, I so feel your heart with this post. You’ve expressed something that’s been on my heart often lately….it’s easy to state the cliches like “Let go and let God,” but living it requires much more. Those seasons of pruning are indeed difficult….dying (to self, to circumstances, to the past) is difficult. Yet, the grace of God is there to grow us and move us to that next season. Something God spoke to my heart yesterday is that we don’t need grace TODAY for the long haul….we just need grace for today. And there’s more than enough….for today. I’m so glad you are part of this community. Your voice is one of wisdom, truth, and honesty. Thanks so much, sis…

• MrsTrip98 says:

Yes, Kim, “dying (to self, to circumstances, to the past) is difficult.” That is a concise and profound way to put it. What is so crazy at times is me getting out of my own way to allow the Spirit to do what it does best…that is guide coupled with grace to get me through. Your words “We don’t need grace TODAY for the long haul….we just need grace for today.” If that ain’t the truth! Whew!!! Thanks for the reminder and the encouragement via this wonderful platform :)

12. Congratulations!!!!!!! I pre-ordered the book for my kindle app & keep checking to see if it magically appears before the official date …

I’m so excited about all the new things God is doing for and through you. I know as you continue on this journey, you will share with us here and we will all grow and glorify God.

What new thing am I doing? Well, I recently started going out to what my church calls “Super Tuesday”. Every Tuesday, whoever desires to gathers together in the sanctuary at 6am for prayer. I can’t really describe how uplifting that time is. It is an intimate moment with God and other believers; when we break the circle, we walk the sanctuary and pray over the pews, etc.

What else? I am being patient and trusting God, more and more everyday. Parenting a teen age boy can be frustrating but I have to believe that God knew what he was doing when he blessed me with my son & trusted me to care for him. Also, there is a situation at work that I was first a bit panicky about but I have come to understand that I need to just be still and listen for God’s instructions on how to proceed.

• Tamara Davis says:

Hi Shamet!!!!! I hear you loud and clear about parenting a teen-aged boy…mine just turned 18. Pray my strength in the Lord.

Hey Shahmet! Oops….Kindle version….I feel bad announcing it’s available, but it’s not on Kindle yet. Just a few more days! :D

Wow, I love “Super Tuesday”….there’s always something special about gathering for prayer, and early morning prayer at that! I know it’s *very* uplifting, being able to have that time with God plus time with other believers. Such nourishment for the soul. And that prayer nourishment will surely help you in this season with parenting a teenager. I’ve got two of them, and I know how challenging it is….TRUST ME. He loves our teens more than we do and knows what they need. As we seek Him, we can trust that He will lead us…..I don’t know WHAT I would do if I had to parent teens without the Lord… You are so right that the same applies to your situation at work…being still and listening for His instruction. He is so faithful to give us wisdom when we ask.

Thanks so much for sharing my excitement, sis. I always smile when you stop by! :D

13. Kristian says:

Hey Kim!!!! Hey Blog Family!!!!!!1

Oooh I miss yall soooo much. Kim I read this the am it came to my email about 5 am, which is the same time I woke up. I am super proud of you,New Book, New Church, New Do! Girl I looooove it. I cant really listen to you talk about The Color of Hope, because I’m in the middle of Hope Springs right now, and its off the chain. I soooo lovve your writing, I think Ive sold like ten of your books, at Mardels. Girl everytime Im in there, I tell someone of a differnt diverse race about your book and they just glean with excitement. And all I say is look at God!!! Im super proud of you, and when I received this email, about a new blog post I felt such a kindred connection to reach out to you. I felt like this email was onlyt gonig to me and you were reading my spiritual mail. I know it was God prompting me. There are sooooooooooooooo many new things going on with me. For one, God told me to leave my last church, the one where I was for a yr and a few months, thingd were changing, and he told me and mom to leave. THEN on tonite, he said to Go Back! I felt scared but at the same time I felt peace. Then in Jan I got a new and second job three days a week, it was supernatural favor how I got it, because I turned them down and they came looking for me again, after that, then I accepted. Its been great, I love the kids, they love me, but its been constant changes, almost been fired twice, been lied on, and stolen from, and much more. Pain. Heartache. Disappoinment. Then Im not sure if I shared this with the blog fam or not, but God told me not to be a teacher. He told me he called me to “teach” the nations, to kids, to women, but not as a typical teacher. Which honestly has been great!!! Seriously what a relief! BUT Ive been lookbng for full time jobs within the district, and I cant find one. Ive applied to everything from, para to front desk. Im in a place where my insurance is getting ready to end, cuz I will be 26 in aug and off of my parents insurace. I wont have any income over the summer (again, for the third time in a row), and its like God Im doing all i can what do I do????? I want to see God as my source. I want to trust him all the way. I hear him, I fast, he talks to me, but I’m still in a place of waiting……New places….Scary Places and Waiting…….

I love yall! Thanks for listening, it felt goood to share….And I promise Im coming back to read some of yalls comments…..:)

• Tamara Davis says:

Hi Kristian!!! Be still and KNOW that He is God. Just be still and KNOW….

• Danielle says:

Oh, Kristian…I’ve been there! Walk on in faith – know that He NEVER fails, and can’t wait until the day we get to rejoice with you as you look back on this season of uncertainty and praise God for how He moved mountains! There is some awesome plan getting ready to roll out for you, sis! Praying and believing with you tonight!!!

• Kristian says:

Hey Tam, thanks for the encouragement.

And Danielle, thanks to you too! I appreciate the much needed encouragement….Thanks a lot sis!

• Tamara Davis says:

You’re welcome. Kristian, when seeking His wisdom on EVERYTHING, always know that His wisdom is FIRST pure. (James 3–mediate on the chapter) There will be nothing confusing or tainted about it. I don’t know why I am feeling led to tell you this again, but Kristian, BE STILL AND KNOW! BE STILL!

Kristian, wow…..you’ve got so much going on. What strikes me immediately, though, is you start off your comments so upbeat!….then you peel back the layers. I’m agreeing with both Tam and Danielle to “be still and KNOW”….and “Walk on in faith.” What else can you do in such uncertainty? God knows and will lead you in His will. I know you *want* His will, and He will honor that. Sometimes we have to wade through the disappointment and heartache and uncertainty to get to where we’re going….and we’re stronger and wiser as a result. I’m praying that for you. And thank you so much, my dear sis, for being my Mardels cheerleader! :D You are something…:) I so appreciate your support of my books, and even more, your sisterhood on this blog. You bring such a delightful spirit, and I’m thankful for you and your willingness to share with us. Love you too!!!

14. MrsTrip98 says:

Kim,
    It is truly amazing how you have created a place where God’s presence dwells. This place (blog)contributed to my calm and peace this week. The ladies here reminded me to not just read my Bible but really seek and connect with the source. I am fully aware that there is no substitute for the dwelling place of the Most High, but this place (blog) was somewhat of a sanctuary for me. I have now witnessed the beautiful community that you helped build here and can only imagine the wonders that God will work through you during your season at your family’s new church. God bless you, your family, and your ministry throughout the church and your books. Congrats, sis! We are so proud of you :)

• Tamara Davis says:

“Set yourself to seek the Lord” is what I learned last night. The more we grow and the deeper we go, more time with Him is REQUIRED. It no longer becomes an option to keep running on what we got last week! NO! It’s not an option because your spirit will crave more. Our lives are being changed daily and our minds are being renewed daily. If we are to be transformed (Romans 12:2) then Word is the only thing that will do it. Until this year, I wasn’t purposed with my study time. But on this year, it became a necessity and now, it’s a desire to commune with my Father daily!

• MrsTrip98 says:

WOW, Tamara! That was a sermon in itself. My heart was pricked by those words which are so, so, so true!!! I never thought of it that way. At the core of my self-righteous thinking, I contended that my closer growth with God was some amazing accomplishment (of mine) and somehow enough. How wrong was I? And who on God’s green earth am I? WOW is all I can say. Thank you so much!!!

• Tamara Davis says:

Praise God! Mrs. Trip, I was there too. I am approaching the Lord as a child now because I really had to check myself. I don’t know nothing! LOL I am learning to seek and ask Him to explain even the smallest of instructions. I have learned in this season that I have to submit to where I am now and ask for further instructions. I have been very guilty of moving on the Word and not the instruction and then I look crazy when things don’t work out. Sitting and communing with Him are vital to our growth and development as Christians. Stay around this blog long enough and you’ll see the layers unfold in the lives of the sisters here. It’s a beautiful place. And oh, wait until there’s a post where we “have church” before Kim even gets here. Lol

Sis……your words truly warmed my heart. I have to tell you that only God could’ve created this place. I have been amazed at the women He has drawn here, the sisterhood that has developed, the transparency that has unfolded, the ministry that has been shared….I could go on and on. There are some who only receive the blog posts in their inbox and never come to the actual blog. I tell them they “need* to come to the blog, because most of the ministry takes place in the comments….by the blog sisters! What you said is what I’ve also found to be true…that this blog has contributed to my calm and peace. I have blogged during some low times in my life (when I didn’t even want to blog, but God moved me….;)) and been uplifted as a result of these sisters. I’m sooooo glad you are now one of us. :)) Thank you so much as well for your sweet encouragement. Blessings to you too!

• MrsTrip98 says:

No, I did not type “helped” LOL!

15. Felecia C. says:

Hello Kim and blog sisters 
    Kim, just want to say congrats on the book release and so far it is good I’m excited to read more… I been trying to read slow cause I can read your books quick cause they are so good! Also congrats on the new ministry endeavor that is super exciting and I know God is going to bless it and I cannot wait to hear more about it!!!!!! (Whew enough housekeeping for now it’s time to answer these questions!!!!) Lol God is doing a new thing in my life I feel like constantly. I can really tell a shift in what I’ve been doing. He is moving me from certain friends and certain lessons keep coming up such as leadership, career, and just self-growth. I feel like he would place me into a position to lead a small group of college women or lead a Bible study. I do have a desire to be devotional chair for my sorority but I am just waiting to see if it is him or just me and my own selfish desires. The Lord is doing something new and I am excited about what he has in store. Love you guys and I’ve missed you all bunches it was so good reading the other responses I always walk away encourages and empowered with a new perspective.

Hey Felecia! This sounds so exciting….when you can feel that shift and even know there’s a shift from very specific people and things…and THEN when you see the lessons coming up…God is working! “I do have a desire to be devotional chair for my sorority but I am just waiting to see if it is him or just me and my own selfish desires”…that’s such a wise posture, understanding that sometimes it’s hard to tell it’s purely selfish and wanting only what is HIM. Praise God, sis! And thank you so much for reading the book already!! :) So appreciate your support!

Looking forward to the updates about all the new things God is doing in your life!

16. MrsTrip98 says:

Hello Sisters,
    The Color of Hope gets rave reviews from my mom! My mom is a talker, so she starts telling me about this one character who is something else. I plug my ears and say “La, la, la, La, la, la” I can’t listen. LOL! I want to read and feel the emotions that the book takes me through for myself. After I shared the book Faithful with her, my mom was on the hunt for more of Kim’s writing. Since then, she has read Cherished, The Color of Hope, and just got Heavenly Places in the mail! I am thankful for Kim’s ministry through writing. My mom is disabled and sits home most of the day. Read realistic and quality writing is good for her emotionally. I just wanted to share.

Wow, sis….I’m SO thankful that your mom enjoys my books! I didn’t know she’s disabled and is home most of the day….I thank God all the more that she finds my books worthy of her time. And I *love* that she tries to tell you about the characters! lol This is truly a blessing. Thank you so much for sharing….you made my night. Please tell your mom I’m thanking God for her! :)

17. Julie says:

Kim,
    Thanks for writing a book that speaks to all of us girls–even this 40 something white girl! Having grown up in the south all my life, I can truly picture the churches like you described them. I wish that I could say that things would have changed over the years, but it is sad how much has not. However, it is a blessing to see all the churches that are changing and do truly care about everyone in their community. My husband and I attend such a church here in Jacksonville. In what is God doing new in my life category–this past fall and spring qtr at our church we have started something new called microgroups. At first I wasn’t totally for sure if I wanted to do it especially by myself or with my husband. Microgroups are either 2 or 3 other females or males (same gender as the leader) or 3 other couples getting together one day during the week for Bible study and a time to grow. My husband and I eventually decided to lead as individuals ( and now he will be going overseas soon for duty with the Navy). Well, the group of ladies that I ended up being paired with I would never have just randomly put together, but GOD definitely new what HE was doing. We are all totally different women but we love coming together on Monday evenings to learn and grow together. This has been a great experience and I would never trade it! I can’t wait to see what happens as we grow together and hopefully one day break off into new groups!

Hi Julie! I’m so thankful for your feedback. So interesting to get your perspective as a 40 something white girl :) who grew up in the south. (I’m the 40 something black girl who grew up in the technical south (Maryland) :)) It’s really something that not much has changed in some places, and yet, I love hearing your story about what God is doing in your church. Microgroups sound so awesome! It’s JUST like God to put a group of women together who wouldn’t have come together on their own…and have a wonderfully blessed experience! I pray God’s continued blessings upon your group as you grow together in Him. What a praise!

18. Heather says:

Not surprisingly, I loved this book too. How do you do it? You keep crafting these remarkable stories full of genuine characters and memorable themes! And as you know, I love the NC setting and the little references here and there to Raleigh. :)

Aww, thanks so much, Heather! You probably know my answer as to how I do it….God. :) That’s just the real deal. I’m so thankful you enjoy the characters and the themes….and North Carolina! I’m so glad I was able to use my many summers there to craft these stories!

19. Linda says:

Kim,

Let me say first that I love your books!! I’ve been hooked since reading Heavenly Places. I thought to myself that Kim Cash Tate should be writing more books and years later when I saw Faithful by chance in the book store I got giddy with excitement!!
    The Colour of Hope did not disappoint! What a book! I don’t want to get into much detail since I know some of the sisters haven’t read it yet, but I laughed, got so shocked at one part that if I was standing I would have fallen down and soaked in the Word. It was an excellent read; almost disappointed that I finished it so fast.
    Congrats on all that’s happening in your life and I’ll be praying for you from my part of God’s Kingdom – the lovely island of Bermuda.
    When can I expect the next book?

Hi Linda! Wow, since Heavenly Places?! I think it’s so cool that you saw Faithful b chance in the book store! :) Thank you so much for your continued support, all the way through to The Color of Hope. It’s definitely a rollercoaster of a read, and I’m so thankful for your feedback. The next book? It’ll be 2014….I wish I could crank them out faster. ;) I can’t thank you enough for sticking with me! :)

20. Gloria Peters says:

I’m almost done reading Color of Hope, love it and so Interested in reading all the others, but would like to know if I should be reading them in a serting order.

Hi Gloria! Sorry I’m late in discovering this message. Thank you for reading The Color of Hope! I’m so blessed to hear that you enjoyed it. I always suggest reading them in order. After my first novel, Heavenly Places, there’s this order:

Faithful
      Cherished
      Hope Springs
      The Color of Hope

Since you read Color of Hope first, Faithful will give you great background on Stephanie’s family and how carnal she used to be. :) Thanks for asking, and I pray they bless you!

21. Amanda Jenkins says:

I stumbled across the Color of Hope in an interesting way. I work for a Christian publishing company and a store returned some books to us that should have gone to another publishing company. Long story short we kept the books and I picked yours out, needing a book to read on vacation. I had never heard of you nor your books but thought it looked interesting. Oh my!!! I couldn’t put it down. It was amazing. Last night I stayed up until a little after midnight finishing it because I just couldn’t stop reading! I was kind of glad I was reading late when everyone was in bed though, because I bawled like a baby. LOL I’m excited that there are others and they are all connected to the Sanders family. I can’t wait to read them!

Hi Amanda! I love stories like these. You just never know how a book will make it into someone’s hands. I’m thankful that you stumbled across it and gave it a chance…and even more thankful that you enjoyed it! (I know…this one was kind of a tear jerker. :)) Thank you so much for sharing this with me. It blesses me greatly. And I pray you enjoy the other books as well! Many blessings to you!