Blog

Open House

April 2, 2010

Welcome!  Come on in.  We’re still moving furniture around and dusting up the place, but we decided to throw open the doors nonetheless.  Let’s do this!  I’m ready!

Okay, really I’m not.  Not even sure I want to do this.  Before, I had a website that required nothing of me and a separate blog for weekly devotions.  Worked rather well. But, silly me, I packed and moved anyway.  Now I’ve got this WordPress deal—an entire blog format—which means I need content.  Regular content.  Hopefully half-meaningful content.

And pictures.  I thought the flashing channel concept was cool until it hit me that I needed to find the pictures that would flash.   And it occurred to me that people may never visit the blog.  Or I might get a few drive-bys, but no one who stays for coffee and chit-chat.  That wouldn’t be fun…so I was tempted to chuck the whole thing, jump back into the moving van, and return to the tame beast I knew as my website.

But then I remembered why I got the unction to do this in the first place.  This past year, I’ve gotten active on Twitter and Facebook—even made my ministry, Colored in Christ, a Facebook group—and I’ve been astounded by the number of people I’ve gotten to know, people I regularly cyber-fellowship with.  If God can make connections like that in comment boxes (Facebook) and in 140 characters or less (Twitter), then maybe an active blog could really build community.

Or not.

Maybe it truly is a big, fat waste of time and I’ll shut it down in two months flat.

Okay, okay, yes, I’m the one who wrote the “Believing Big” devotions a year ago.  I’m the one who’s got the “Crazy Believing Testimony” wagging its finger at me from another page on this site.  If God’s moving me to do it, then I need to not only do it, but do it believing that God will build a community of people who will hang out and chit-chat with me in my new cyber-home.

That’s what I’m hoping as I throw the doors open, that you’ll come on in, have a seat, and stay a while.  So glad you’re here.  Let’s do this!

• Reply Kit April 3, 2010 at 9:54 am

What a lovely site! Kudos to you and your webteam!!!

• Reply Alexis April 3, 2010 at 5:57 pm

I really was a fan of your other website look; but let me say, OK I’m impressed with the new look! For some reason, it seems more personable. I have been stirred in the heart by reading your blog entries– your delightful personality is displayed and there is real spiritual depth that shines through it. Consider me a fan. I will pass the joy on many others!

• Reply Kim Cash Tate April 3, 2010 at 6:23 pm

Thanks, Kit! My web team is awesome. So thankful for them. And guess what? They’re family!! :)

Alexis, that means a lot. I got a lot of favorable comments on the other site, and this one’s very different…so I was hoping it would strike a good chord. I really did want it to be personable–to be able to inject more of myself into it on an ongoing basis–so I’m thrilled that you came away with that. Looking forward to getting to know you here!

• Reply Anne April 3, 2010 at 9:27 pm

Kim, I love the new website! I know everyone who comes to visit will be blessed. Keep on Believing Big! Praying God’s blessings upon you and your ministry. Exceeding Abundant!

• Reply Linabelle April 4, 2010 at 1:43 pm

What an awesome website! And great timing too! Spring…Easter …. .Resurrection…when everything is new…And it is so much like God…as I am typing this, the worship song is just playing.. “Hallelujah! You make all things new!” Amen!.. Looking forward to more great things, new things, big things…from God for your ministry.. For He does major on doing things that is more than what we can possibly ask for..

• Reply Jai@wifeof1momof4 April 4, 2010 at 4:36 pm

Omgosh! The new website and blog are fabulous! To you and your team –great job on the new look. I can’t wait to start getting your entries in my inbox!

Isn’t God amazing?!!!! I have a new friend and she is rocking! :)

• Reply Kim Cash Tate April 4, 2010 at 5:11 pm

Anne, thanks for helping me Believe Big!

• Reply Kim Cash Tate April 4, 2010 at 5:13 pm

Linabelle, I love the mention of Spring and the Resurrection and everything being new as we launch this website. As we dedicate it to God, we’re truly looking for Him to do more than we could possibly ask.

• Reply Kim Cash Tate April 4, 2010 at 5:14 pm

Jai, so thankful for your encouragement to go forward with the blog. Because of you, I know God can use social media to connect people in awesome ways. Yes, God is amazing!!

• Reply Jessie April 4, 2010 at 5:52 pm

Oh, girl, don’t shut this place down! You’ve only just begun and I’m simply excited! I won’t sit and have coffee with ya in here, but I’ll settle for a soda or water (I’ve not learned to like coffee, and yes, the serve other things besides coffee at Starbucks:) LOL So, I say, blog away, share away, and take us all away on this wonderful ride through life with you. This will give me one more reason to talk about you to the sales lady in the bookstore when I have to go in and order your next book. I sure did tell them when I ordered “Heavenly Places” that you were a friend of mine, and you were fabulous, and they should have your books, and, and, and….well, you get it…Love you, my friend!

• Reply allison April 4, 2010 at 8:42 pm

alright now! you just go..a blessing and I found it!

• Reply Kim Cash Tate April 4, 2010 at 8:51 pm

Jessie, can’t believe you were talking about me to the sales lady! You go! l love it. Make sure they have “Faithful” well-stocked when it comes out in September. :) Thanks so much!

Thanks, Allison! You’re always an encouragement. Love having you in my social media world. :)

• Reply James Hutson April 5, 2010 at 12:10 am

God can do with this what He did with the other methods you used….it is you who is the common denominator in God’s work. You have been an inspiration to me as I have watched you grow under the big, audacious dreams God has given to you….
    On the journey to my own big audacious dream when I enter Seminary this May. Would covet your prayers.

• Reply Kim Cash Tate April 5, 2010 at 7:01 am

James, you have such a heart for God that I know He will accomplish His plans for you. Prayed for you after I read that. I’m touched by your kind words and inspired by the reminder (I need about 20) that it is God who will do this. Hoping you will be a regular contributor to the blog.

• Reply Cathy Lassiter April 5, 2010 at 4:45 pm

Hey Kim
    Great site. It’s creative and really authentic!
    I can’t wait to read Faithful (I feel like I identify already with one of the characters)! On another note, I have a friend that I mentioned to you a while ago that lives in St Louis and is originally from Philadelphia. She would like to connect with you if possible (her name is Marie Battle) and she is a God-fearing woman. If that’s possible, let me know.
    Keep believing GOD can do great things and providing your testimony to others. It really makes a difference! Cathy Lassiter

• Reply Kim Cash Tate April 6, 2010 at 6:45 am

Hey Cathy! Such a blessing that you stopped by! Hmm…I wonder which character you’re identifying with…:) Absolutely…would love to connect with your friend. I’ll send you a note. So thankful for you and your encouragement!

• Reply Yolanda April 6, 2010 at 12:33 pm

Hey Kimberly! I like the new website. I may not be here often, but I will check in every now and then. Can’t wait to read Faithful. And I’m so excited for you that you will speak at the Women of Faith Conference! Wish I could be in Las Vegas with you, but unfortunately I have to travel for work that week. I’m sure you will be great because God has you there for a purpose. Love ya, Yolanda

• Reply Cheri April 6, 2010 at 8:18 pm

Hi Kim,

I like your new digs, girl. I was thinking today as I was driving over in the Internet Explorer, about our chat that was a couple years ago now. We both were hoping to get new offerings out and I’m so happy you have found a new publishing home (and me too)! I’m believing that “Faithful” will sell wonderfully well and that God will use the story to bless someone through your words…

God bless.

:-) Cheri

• Reply Leslie April 7, 2010 at 12:03 pm

Hi Kim

I am so glad you are doing this blog. you are needed. I must say I am very proud of you as another women of God. You Listen to the call and your doing it. I am still waiting for the 2nd book to Heavenly Places using Treva oldest daughter as the main character. I think she would reach so many young women. She wise beyond her years. I have already wrote the first chapter for you. I will be talkin soon. I can go girl so get ready!!!!!!

May God Continue You to Bless and Lead YOu
    Leslie

• Reply Donna Peek April 8, 2010 at 4:24 pm

Hi, Kim. WOW!!! You look like an anointed Divine Diva! Nice website. You are such an awesome lady! Get ready for what God is gonna do, girl!

DP

• Reply Kim Cash Tate April 8, 2010 at 6:50 pm

@Yolanda So glad you stopped by! You are always so supportive and encouraging. Thanks for the reminder that this is all about God’s purpose. Love you!

• Reply Kim Cash Tate April 8, 2010 at 6:56 pm

Cheri, I remember that conversation too. You were so gracious to answer my questions about marketing and all that good stuff. So thrilled for you and all that’s in store. And so thankful that you took the time to come to the Open House! :)

Leslie, you warm my heart. I love how you love Treva’s daughter, Faith. You never know…there just might be a book for Faith down the road. :) Thank you for your support. I hope you keep stopping through!

Donna, wow! Talk about encouragement! :) You’re so awesome…and I’m going to take the time to thank you AGAIN for hosting that wonderful book discussion in your home for Heavenly Places. I was so blessed to meet you, and I’m even more blessed to be able to keep in touch with you. Thanks for being you!

• Reply Gessie February 20, 2011 at 8:30 am

Congrats! I’m so proud of you and believing BIG with you lady!! Let’s get this journey going. :)

• Reply Kim Cash Tate February 20, 2011 at 2:07 pm

Gessie, you are such a blessing and an encouragement to me. Thank you SO much for the support you’ve shown in so many ways. Love sharing this journey with you! :)